Connection issue poll

Yeah, I think all in all its clearly not the actual servers since connection issues vary per player. With that being said, it looks like a large percentage of voters do have connection issues to at least one region. I guess this would not be as big of an issue if each region had its own set of identical resources, but kinda by design we have to utilize other regions so I wish there was something that could be done.

For me, it has become super frustrating at the moment because up until recently Aus was by far the best connection (and still is in the mornings) for me so just made sense to set up roots on Aus server, but now Aus is completely unplayable for me after around lunch time so I can’t do anything at home base after work at all.

Moving bases concerns me because I have no idea if next month Aus will be fine and a different server will be unplayable.

did ya test if nia zed ka has good connection :grin:

Currently only Aus giving me trouble, and only in the afternoons for me here. But in the past it was EU that always gave me issues… the inconstancy is maddening sometimes.

One good thing to come from this (for me anyway) is that it has pushed me away from a rental planet when they go live. I was excited for them, but if I can’t trust that I will be able to continue to connect to it without issues then I will have to pass. Good to have sorted that out prior to them starting instead of after.

so weird as i recall you speak dutch so i asume your in europe
somewhere i think you need to look into your internet provider our something
def something in those lines need get sorted
i play on very weak pc and need lower a bunch off stuff to play decent but the internet always works perfect

not me… I am in South Korea. If the problem was my internet then it would be all servers not just one so it is something between me and the server, likely somewhere when the internet connection reaches Aus right now.

@NL-Tim is your site still functional?

check this soju just not sure if it still works
tested it and it failed me but ya never know if tim still reads forum :smiley:

Community project - Boundless Server Status & Ping Test

1 Like

Doesnt work, but no biggie. I have ran hundreds of pings and tracert to try to ID the issue and it changes frequently and varies per time of day.

At the end of the day I realize that not everyone has connection issues and it will always depend on a variety of factors. This poll was more to see if it is a widespread thing or just a few of us.

Im in the uk, I only get a tiny bit of rubber-banding when I run through portals and that only lasts for a couple of seconds and that’s all servers. In terms of actual connection issues it’s very rare and even then it only lasts for a few seconds no matter how far the server is. I’m using wifi so if I wired it in I probably wouldn’t even get those minor hiccups. When I first got the game in 2017 I was having major problems but then upgraded my broadband to fiber and changed service provider and so far, touch wood, it’s been fine even to the Aus servers.

My connection was like that too, until semi recently. I rarely had issues on any servers. My major issues started within the last month and the identical issues exist for me wired on my PC at home, wireless for my daughter on PS4 and even via my phones wifi hotspot while at work.

No matter the connection I start from, Aus in the afternoons / evenings is unplayable from here at the moment… but I don’t doubt that something will change and in a couple of weeks Aus will be perfect again and then maybe EU will be unplayable for me.

That must be really frustrating especially when you know it’s something you can’t do anything about.

Frustrating enough that I actually updated NMS for the first time in many months so I have something to play this weekend.

Should make it clear that I do not blame the Boundless Devs for this… I know it is something between me and the servers, but unplayable is unplayable no matter the cause when its outside of my own control.

1 Like

Back when I started, Minorengle was unplayable during specific times of day… even though I’m in USW. I went to a USE planet, and they never gave me issues.

Sorry for your problem Soju, maybe were just suggested(or maybe uneusfull) but have you tried use VPN?
If you need some help to makes all the things running in game i would more then happy to do whatever you need.

I haven’t been able to play since the social isolation directive came down. Too many of my neighbours stay home and, I dunno, stream videos on the internet or something.

Of course, the problem is obviously my ISP has oversubscribed their backhaul, since my problem applies to all sites (do you realize just how many round trips the Google home page requires to load?) and all Boundless servers equally. The poll was whether we have connection issues (I do), not whether you think Wonderstruck is doing a good job maintaining a network topology that serves you in a personally optimal way.

That really sucks. It is annoying enough for me just having issues to one region but to have issues to all of them would be terrible.

Strange, i’m also in the UK and get a lot of “unstable connection” errors and rubber-banding in AUS worlds and some in US-West worlds when the ping goes above 200 and i’m also on Fibre broadband (Virginmedia 100Mb)

I used to be with virgin media (I think I was on their 50mb package) but switched to sky. I was getting horrendous packet loss with virgin and even when I Initially switched to sky with just there standard internet I was getting a better connection than with virgin. The standard sky connection wasn’t fast enough for Boundless though so switched to their fiber and so far it’s been fine (been with sky at least 2 years now with no problems)

Appreciate everyone who took the time to vote. Makes me feel slightly better that I am not the only one with frequent connection issues.

I started on Raxxa and it’s where I feel most at home. But over the past couple of weeks, I get daily rubber banding and placed blocks disappearing right after placing them. Even though I have everything set up to what I want, now the thought of moving again just for better connection crosses my mind.

@the-moebius

Tool is no longer working, is there really a need to have it working again?
Then I would have to research how all world are working now a days, since many updates have come by.