Connection Issues (West Coast / Nasharil)

Anyone else getting a lot of Unstable Connection messages the last 24 hours or so? I’ve gone through every portion of my network and have never had this problem in the past. I’m curious if this is server side or not.

@Havok40k and I were on last night any I think we were doing good.

1 Like

Seems ok to me on a quick test, there are other players on too, and nothing being reported in the monitoring.

Worth checking the website put together by NL-TIm below to see if your getting a high ping to that location for some reason:-

1 Like

There are a lot of fires out here, so I’m assuming there are some spotty outages due to them. I’m near San Francisco, so I’ll keep an eye out on the outage sites. Thanks!

I’ve tested everything under the sun to resolve my issue no luck yet, my ISP is sending me a brand new modem/router so hopefully that fixes it, because if it doesnt then I know that there is something wrong with the way my ISP and the boundless servers are communicating which is out of my hands.
Sadly I will have to leave boundless after only 4 days if the new router/modem combo doesnt resolve the issue, due to the game being un-playable right now.

I am skeptical of the modem/router being the issue because the other two games I play I have 30-50ms ping. So i know my router/modem can achieve that ping.

This might be a shaping/prioritization/routing issue. The game deals with high ping excellently (I have 200ms constantly without any issues) - you can always try via a VPN like wtfast (free trial available) and see if that helps. If it does you can put pressure on your ISP to fix their (or their upchain) issues.

Yeah the 200 ping is disapointing but not my main issue its when its spikes to 600 or 1000 every 2 seconds is way worse XD

I would use wtffast but it requires me to put a 10 dollar hold on my card for the “free” trial so its kind of like not having that 10 dollars any way haha.

My pings are general < 50, with some occasional bumps for a moment to ~ 200ms. I’m trying this new NVIDIA hotfix. Will keep you posted.

Boundless isnt an available game to select in wtffast, what game do you use?

Nix my above comment. Posting in the other thread. Pings are terrible when I’m logged into the game. See other thread.

I’m not running through a VPN, just recommended it as something to try.

What WTFast (and other similar offerings) does it route you through one of their closeby servers - it basically provides an alternative route over the internet with some optimizations done on both ends. Since their software typically bypasses many of the restrictions ISPs impose (by tunneling and testing for ports that are typically not shaped) it often helps. It should have a “custom” mode to catch Boundless’ traffic.

It’s my wifi router. Plugged in a hardline into the router and bypassed the wifi, pings are steady and solid.

I have a Orbi setup in my home and it rocks a steady ping. It is just expensive…

Is it easy to setup? I’d definitely be interested after reading the reviews.

Yea, I think it was the easiest router I have setup.

I get several unstable connection messages an hour and I am on the east coast. The unstable connection is usually accompanied by a wave of light across the landscape, like the screen is being redrawn. It looks similar to the effect in Star Trek when some powerful alien scans the enterprise.
If I am using a machine when it happens I always get sent to the start area in 30 seconds.

Can you provide some networking details:

This is a bug where the fog is rolling out. (It’s fixed in the next release.)

Definitely a bug - thanks for letting us know.

Pings:

speed test:

cmdline ping:

This bandwidth is quite low - and will cause problems.

Please try setting your Chunk Download Rate to Low. More details here:

Please let me know if this helps.

What’s the advantage to having higher bandwidth in game? If the game can operate properly at lower bandwidth then why the need to use more? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I’m just curious!