Cooking meat?

Hello there, just started playing and really enjoying it so far.

I know this will probably sound silly., But I can’t seem to figure out how to cook meat. I’ve been following the little objectives on the top right corner and I now need to, among other things, Place raw meat in the furnace and craft cooked meat.

I read that for the furnace to be complete, you need to place the crucible on top of the fire pit, but for some reason it just won’t let me. I always get the same message telling me ‘This block can only be placed inside a beacon’, no matter how close to the beacon I try to build it, it just won’t let me. And there is no way I can interact with fire pit and crucible other than to remove and replace them…

I’ve seen people talking about cooked meat so surely I’m missing something obvious here. Can somebody please help a poor soul?

Oh and also, I seems to be losing whatever raw meat I had when I log out and back on, is this normal?

1 Like

Sounds like a bug. Especially losing the raw meat upon logging out. Do you have a screenshot of the crucible issue?

If indeed you are trying to place your Firepit and Crucible within a Beacon you own, but are not able, that sounds like a bug. Same goes for the Raw Meat, shouldn’t disappear after logging out. Once you do get the Forge complete (Crucible on top of Firepit), cooking meat is as simple as putting the Raw Meat in the bottom slot and some fuel (Coal, Wood Trunks or Compact peat) in the top slot.

1 Like

I found out the issue with the help of the beacon plotter.

For some reason, I had place the beacon on top of a cliff and the plot it gave me started from the beacon, going down. thus why I couldnt place my crucible on top on the fire pit which was at the same height as the beacon.

(most of my plot is rocks instead of being the ‘open space’ on top of the cliff like I wanted it to be. but at least I can now cook meat.)

3 Likes

Ah yes. Beacons can be really weird. Glad you got it sorted. Also, welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

3 Likes