Copy Paste Chisel

If you hit a block that has any type of chisel pattern, can paste that chisel style without having to chisel 4+ times per block
example: tiny bevel lattice triangles

1. hit any block that is chiseled to get the copy

2. hit any non chiseled block to paste over and over, to continue pattern

3. then hit a new chiseled block to create new copy

needs to be a non forged chisel for easy access to beginner builders. example: Wood Chisel

14 Likes

That would be an awesome addition!

Regards,

1 Like

To make it balanced maybe the durability spent would be equivilant to if you had to chisel it manually. Or maybe use a different material.

Im still a believer wood chisels should make half slabs.

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea, though I’m not too sure if it should be easy access, it’s ultimately QoL and it will be as powerful as at least precise chisels (because it can just copy and substitute for any chisel by having a template block/area), so IMO wood is already a no-go (also, weak chisels can’t transform strong blocks).
Personally, I feel like this fits better as a lucent gem chisel, very unique and convenient, and preferably released with another chisel that can switch to all 3 or 6 chisel modes in a single tool. Though obviously it might be a bit too extreme and too inaccessible if it’s lucent, but it just feels like a high-end feature.
Maybe one of the weaker metals will have a lesser version (can’t copy precise chisel effects for example), and lucent one will have the full power.

2 Likes

I’d say for this one, get weird. Marble chisel.

Reason I recommend it shouldn’t be a forge tool is it leaves a gap between new players cost and availability. Forge tools in essence are making alot of builders unhappy as our bags are getting full, marble chisel could stack with stone.

I realize not everyone is like me, but food and chisels, a few hammers are my main inventory.

2 Likes