Corpse looting in oort online

Some of the newer quests do like ‘‘100 crocodile teeth’’ and then they drop 15-20 per kill, but yeah they should be somewhat consistent, but there should also be more rare materials, i think that it should be logical and then rare creatures would be nice for better materials

https://forum.oortonline.com/t/rare-monsters/432

this is an old one though.

Skinning would be cool XD

@ben @james @olliepurkiss with all the new creature ideas popping up i wanted to hear if the dev team have made any thoughts about this? do you want creatures to only drop ‘‘logical’’ items, (skin from pigs, essences from fire creature, wool from sheep) or do you plan to let them kinda drop everything (logical items + gold + chance of finding an item like a sword or piece of armor)

1 Like

This is a really good question, and one that I’ve been mulling over recently. Initially I was very much on the realistic side, as it feels a lot nicer; however, the key thing is that there is the right gameplay associated with combat and players are receiving the right rewards for their efforts.

As I’ve been working through the crafting design, and putting together recipes, it has proved very difficult to integrate the right amount of base ingredients which make sense to be dropped from creatures. Especially given that we are looking at quite a variety of different types. So I’m thinking that as well as realistic drops we may need some un-realistic, but fun drops which make players want to go out and hunt specific creatures rather than just kill whatever they come across.

3 Likes

I know it is alot but i would love to see it realistic, but different so to say, forexample when you kill a mopig you get mo pig skin, if you kill a wolf you get wolf skin and wolf fangs, if you kill a bomb creature you get fiery essence and explosive gas. instead of only skin being skin, and every creature dropping the same skin

2 Likes

That’s definitely what we’re aiming for, it all comes down to whether we can make that fit into a balanced and rewarding economy and crafting system. Sometimes you have to stretch the believability of the world to make great gameplay systems.

4 Likes