Cosmetic Blocks Purchases

No, but I do know how they will be doing without that shop. Based on stats, showing player base and new player base. Game is stagnating and the only thing keeping it alive is that shop. You would be a fool to think otherwise.

You obviously have more info on their funding than me, so I’ll leave this to you. But my point still stands.

Funding does not matter, funding disappears… It’s called profit margins. If there is no profit, there is no wonderstruck.

But does that negate the concerns surrounding cosmetic purchases? No. Nor does it dismiss the financial side, both of them are variables and the publisher/devs are the ones that must balance them. But what is pointless is trying to argue “yes, no, yes, no” when we really have no way of knowing whether the coffers are empty and they need an injection, or not and we can continue without cosmetic blocks. Making claims like “this is the only option if the game wants to survive” is just silly without any actual information.

1 Like

If they go F2P, then yeah, they’ll probably take Creativerse’s microtransaction model.

You can ■■■■ of players that run big comunitys like hash that instead off money invest time in-game and sometimes are the reason people play cause they provide a goal for them result less players I know for a fact if I leave a bunch off players just leave aswell

English please

‘Everyone gets a trophy’ is a terrible approach for the game. People who put in more effort should get better rewards. Otherwise what is the point of putting in any effort.

The old “new players cant access it” is hurting the game, look at what that did to footfall. Put in more effort if you want to progress, dont bring everyone else down cause you havent.

1 Like

I would have agreed with this, if the game could gather 3 millions active player under F2P model.
But right now Boundless can’t afford to mess around with new paying walls.

I try better to write better for stupid people that can’t understand a little broken up English :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Change cubits to credits and I’m in. I’m already super annoyed that you buy cosmetics with cubits.

1 Like

Oh wow, that idea though, spreading the coin sink from trade taxes and helix buffs to this would might give them headroom for a player controlled town tax, make universal 5% and give the viceroy a control between 0-5% and the town warden another 0-5% as they choose :smiley: The possibilities…

IF I am not mistaken, I think the devs did mention sometime ago that the game was going to be modable, in the future. If thats the case, it should totally be in the cards for you to make your own texture for a block to distribute to the community.

The mods would be on separate servers and not part of the public universe.

Im fine with cosmetics coming from cubits BUT we also need some craftable cosmetics. Some via cubits only and some via crafting/coin only. Expecting the game to succeed financially based solely on a one time $40 purchase won’t work.

I have to disagree with people saying cosmetics=pay to win. I’ve seen people build using only stone and wood and make stuff thats more appealing than the highest prestige blocks.

1 Like

People tend to forget that English is not the native language of many posters here, I would love to see you write a post in perfect German or Dutch for instance…

7 Likes

“Manners Maketh Man”

7 Likes

If I recall, he died didn’t he?

Why would I? Most business is done in English, and where I am from near everyone speaks English. The chance for German to become a dominate language ended in 1945.

Why set additional textures of blocks behind cubits, when those could be available for all players as additional content?
I think some cosmetic placeable items could be someway behind of cubits or money but those could be some mesh objects, like for example statues of player model (like in dota 2) or custom guild logos (like in warframe).
I still think game shouldn’t go too much micro transaction exclusive game to be able to exist because that would be made to keep existing players around instead of attracting new players to game.

yes we do not do business in Europe to hard to learn English
i wish you came here to teach us how to speak English and flex (think thats what english people call it)
why is your name odin isnt that the Nordic god off knowledge
pretty sure he speaks norwegian
you should change it to the old english translation off woden
wodensraven :smile:
telling people that are not native english to speak english is is just dumb dude makes ya look like an ass

9 Likes