Crafting needs to be addressed

quod erat demonstrandum.

For those who don’t follow, ‘$’ is the metric unit for measuring value.

Not sure how accurate this is now, and I’m still looking for a post from James from about a year ago, but here we go.

Edit: As a personal opinion, I’d be perfectly fine with a 50% reduction in crafting times for the higher level items. It gets kind of crazy having to repair my machines twice and wait three days to finish a queue of 30 mass crafts of some items.

They certainly are not adamant on having to have long lengthy craft times. I think they just need more context. Your post certainly shared views and the thread allowed others to provide their input.

I do like something like this because it creates some automation type feel and the ability to “build” a more realistic type system that feels more like powered devices and stuff. It also takes the idea of advanced coils and moves it up one more level in progression feeling. Additionally, it is in line with why many of these systems exist as Ollie (who was the lead game designer) saw the game going toward as Peyago was able to provide above.

As with any system they can change over time as the game holistically matures. So maybe it is time to evaluate how those original designs are now being used and what, if anything, does need to change.

So, maybe a new “spark link” that allows one to connect machines allowing transferance of mats between applicable machines to speed up the crafting processes. IE put rock into crafting table, select the final product you desire, like brick, it crafts it to stone, then transfers to mixer and so long as the mixer has enough mud, ash, and compact clay, it makes brick mixture, and then possibly transfers to a furnace to be cooked.

2 Likes