Crafting Queue Display vs. Actual Outcome

I have been crafting flower vases using rare gleambow colors and the ultra rare heart stones. I have had to supplement a few common gleam blocks to get enough refined gleam for the desired color (romantic vase uses 12 refined gleam, but one bulk craft of refined gleam only yields 10 blocks). My issue is that the crafting queue showed the correct color, but produced the wrong one. This is unacceptable for such rare items and I am now unable to craft the desired color. Very very disappointed with this :disappointed:

I’d like to add that while this may be a designed part of the game using rng, there should still be information surrounding how it works or some kind of warning that you might not get what you intended.

1 Like

Too bad you didnt see what i posted earlier in a different thread

But i agree lol

2 Likes

Up until now, I haven’t even had this problem. I have noticed that when you mix colors, it can go either way in the queue, but what I’ve seen in the queue has always come out right. The crafting queue needs to be a what you see is what you get kind of deal.

Pre-release it used the color of the first item, which got changed in a pre-forge patch to randomize. Now, if you use 2 red gleam and 16 blue gleam it will have a 2/18 chance to come out red.

The queue color indicator is not accurate by design - making it show what you will get will allow you to cancel and retry to defy the odds.

I agree that the UI should somehow indicate this.

2 Likes

Nice to know it makes that much sense. Still, using an rng system for it is wrong, and that’s putting it nicely. As it stands, it’s confusing to put a randomizer on this. Most items are straight forward when crafting. If they’re going to do this, then there might as well be rng for how many items get crafted (i.e. you mass craft some brews, and you’ll get 50-100). There’s nothing that makes this right in my mind, because almost everything is plentiful, so the only items that suffer in this color rng system are the limited event items.

1 Like

The crafting queue should cycle through the potential result colors the way shop stands show multiple offered items.

That the outcome is random makes sense to prevent abuse. When outcome is known before then the system can be cheated to try until result fits to get 50 items made from 1 rare color combined with some other color.

2 Likes

Some players have brought this up before:

I have added a note to the database about this.

1 Like

Thanks. I was actually able to make a batch of strong cherry flowers, but had to roll the dice again, using the six I had left. My next choice was strong red, so I put 4 of each into the refinery. It came out cherry. So refined the last two cherry and made the flowers. I really just need this to be a straight forward process. I had 23 strong cherry to begin with and would have liked to use them in other ways. I still hold to the fact that this is a problem only affecting event items, and, as such, should be fixed somehow. To say it another way, the rng system is only negatively affecting ultra rare items, since any naturally occurring color can be collected in enough quantity easily. This is really harsh to put greater crafting difficulty on only the rare items.

1 Like

They specifically changed it this way because the non-rng approach got heavily abused. At that point red gleam was the rare color - you would farm 1 red and make 50 refined red gleam from it (with a 100% guarantee for the rare color). Basically no-one would ever use more than 1 of any rare color in a recipe since you could simply substitute 35 of a common color in anything.

This led to an even worse situation where red gleam spots got heavily camped.

Ultimately they undertook that spawns would never be that rare again - I guess this is just that same problem showing its face in a different way.

2 Likes

While this is frustrating, I think that’s point of the events having special items attached. Technically, you’re mixing two separate events, so those items should be ultra rare in my opinion. They’d be common place if you only needed one of the colors. I did the same thing and the same result you did and I was pretty peeved at first (but I thought that each individual result would be one of the colors each of what I put in).

The long and short of it, having it warn you that rng is in effect might be very beneficial.

1 Like

The simple solution would just be to make it straight forward and not allow any mixing. This would even benefit the market as it would encourage a player to get enough rather than take a chance. Either that or display the color chance before crafting, because it’s not fair to find out you’ve been gambling when it seemed like a straight forward process. Anyways, done posting about this. Now let’s see if anyone wants some silk yellow flowers smh :unamused:

3 Likes

This would be annoying. Unless they are also going to add in a function where I can force smart stacks not to accept blocks of different colors in the same smart stack.

Also I feel the current system is fine as is. It adds that ruddy RNG that some people just seem to enjoy for some odd reason, if you want to take a short cut and substitute the correct color for an incorrect color in hopes to duplicate that color, then some risk maybe should be in place.

However when farming comes out and the dye system is added, that may not matter at all any longer.

Thank you :hugs:

1 Like