Crafting Times Reminder

There is local and creative modes for just building.
And local you can run own building scripts :slight_smile:

Creative mode has not attraction to me… I don’t like the idea that everything is free- whilst I hate the time penalties for crafting times in game, at least you have to put in the hard yards to craft something where creative does not offer the same feeling.

1 Like

Installing ESO now it’s Free this week. Doing my due diligence. I’ll let you know how the crafting is :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just watched a video and you have to do research traits in the game in order to add those to items that you craft. Some of the end game ones take 30 days … nice!

I’m glad this game is such a rip roaring success that people feel confident enough to tell people to quit playing it every time they have the slightest objection to one of the game mechanics. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I’m glad this game is such a rip roaring success that people feel confident enough to tell people to quit playing it every time they have the slightest objection to one of the game mechanics.

Basically this

I do three things in game:

1. Mine
  2. Fill my shop with the stuff I mine
  3. Build my base with the other stuff I mine that I don’t sell. Most of this has to be crafted.

1 and 2 are complete for now. If someone, for example, comes and buys all 14400 of my Rough Topaz today then I’ll go topaz mining again (although that’s not even a great example because I have about 50,000 topaz saved up). I essentially have full shop stands of all the things I sell except rubies (which I’m working on gradually). 3 requires crafted stuff. In order to craft that stuff I have to wait 3+ days for the coal that I mined to craft.

Now you understand hopefully. It’s bad design and the crafting times need to be dramatically reduced, removed, or automation needs to be introduced into the game so we can queue things up a’la Satisfactory or Factorio.

1 Like

@CleoStJames

Sigh. Do we have to go this route every time? I love this game, but I am not so in love with this game that I am blind. If you read up some you will also see that I said I think the crafting times are long. I also feel they could be adjusted.

They chose these crafting times for a reason and whoever developed that system spoke to it, but I cannot find the post I referenced, and I am sure someone knows who created the crafting system can point me in the direction.

Regardless, everyone on these forums know that this game has issues, a lack of players and nowhere in my statement did I say to quit if you don’t like crafting timers. I simply said that if you don’t have a lot of time to play games, the MMO genre probably is not the right choice.

MMOs just eat time that is how they make money and get you invested and wanting to keep playing. If people want instant crafting, I am sure that was one of the reason Creative worlds were made. People have the freedom on the creative worlds to not have ANY crafting timers. I personally, do feel the crafting timers are horrendous, but not everyone is like me and will go do something else while waiting on my crafting to get done.

There are options to not waiting on the timers, go build something, go on a hunt, go explore an Exo, go mine, go collect some colors etc. etc.

The crafting system isn’t perfect, but as I mentioned in Creativerse I think nothing takes more than 5 minutes to craft. Guess what people complain about it. On top of that it has no economy in game so … there is that too.

If you read the comments by @almund and @Trundamere

Creative worlds are part of the game so I am not sure how you would be quitting. They are simply giving you options.

Lastly, I don’t want anyone to quit and as most of the community here that actually knows me, they probably understand I want more players not players quitting. I understand the crafting timer pain I craft nearly all day long and while I don’t like it, I don’t sit there and stare at the machines waiting for them to craft. I farm…I am organizing over 30 beacons full of items that I have inherited and collected on my own one of which is from a gleam shop with nearly 4 million gleam. I am built a huge concrete shop recently and now am working on my color storage which has taken me over 4 months already. I also went on 3 hunts, scanned all the sovereigns I could for the community so the colors update and I try to buy something from at least 5 new shops each day to show some support.

If you quit over the crafting timers, I get it, I truly do! I would much rather see the next update come out and many other things before the crafting timers are addressed.

Okay, but ‘quitting’ wasn’t the first suggestion. That didn’t come up until 100 messages in discussing the system. It was the suggestion given when all other suggestions were rejected.

Here’s a suggestion: do what the vast majority of the community seems to want and dramatically reduce or remove crafting times :slight_smile:

No crafting timers on a creative world.

People on the creative worlds have the freedom of having NO game mechanics. It’s not an alternative, it is a janky version of a voxel art editor.

Yeah, I read the “discussion”. Even the 20 or so posts worth of a straw man about pizza making in the real world. What precisely do real world supply lines have to do with a video game? Dough has to rise because of the chemical reactions in the yeast. Do the pixels need to be chemically created in a lab somewhere?

It’s not just this thread. Every thread in the forums that seeks to discuss a suggestion, change or complaint about some aspect of the game mechanics seems to devolve into a dogpile on whoever brought it up. When the dogpile doesn’t work, the threads then turn into “if you don’t like it then leave” arguments. If that doesn’t work, people just start complaining that someone is talking about the topic in the first place.

Is it really so difficult to have a discussion about how the game might work if a couple things were changed without the insults and defensiveness? :unamused:

2 Likes

I think some people are just looking for a crafting/building game in a game that is both that and an MMO and maybe something like Satisfactory might be better suited for that where there are no crafting timers. I don’t want to see everyone quit, but sheesh.

Crafting timers are not a game breaking issue. Period.

2 Likes

I mean… I don’t know. I tried to have a discussion without insults or defensiveness, but the original suggestor didn’t seem interested, so I conversed with other people about their stuff :man_shrugging:

It doesn’t need to break the game to merit a discussion on the effect it has on the game. Automation wouldn’t break the game either. Reducing the times wouldn’t break the game either.

People might keep in mind that the OP is probably not the only person who is going to read these posts. Other people who don’t like a particular mechanic will likely read them as well. When you tell one person to quit over an issue with a game mechanic, you are basically telling everyone else with the same issue with the mechanic to quit as well.

Found it pretty dull to be honest. and in my opinion unrewarding due to how the markets work in ESO.

It is based on the number of traits unless they changed it, The more traits you have learnt the longer the next one will take.

In my opinion this would be something I would prefer to see, even if crafting timers weren’t a problem for some people, since I enjoyed supply chain management in Factorio

I am always open for discussion @CleoStJames or I wouldn’t be here.

No crafting would tank the economy. Other than that, no it wouldn’t break the game.

Mostly doing it to research how their crafting works.

That’s a pretty blanket dismissal of the opinions of quite a few people. I wonder, did you by chance play boundless before crafting timers were introduced? Seems to me that your opinion lacks both the authority and the insight to make such bold claims.

1 Like

I am not dismissing anyone. It’s not a game breaking issue neither are no crafting times. I’ll play it either way.

It’s not my opinion that crafting timers aren’t game breaking, it’s a fact.

Now, the excess of timers may be something that some of us do not like (including me) as I don’t want to see people unhappy about it, but it isn’t something that breaks the game.

EDIT: I also see @majorvex typing … I’m going to go hide.

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense for anyone to tell someone that they are playing wrong - specifically in a sandbox game. People have different gaming experiences. They play differently, they set their own goals (if any), & they enjoy different activities while gaming.

Some people may spend more time than others optimizing their gameplay or min/maxing. That’s fine. Some might use it as a relaxation tool. James has said he wants Boundless to be a game where users can “play their way”.

I don’t agree with dismissing concerns or telling people to “go play on a Creative planet”. That’s a specific type of gameplay that a lot of people may not enjoy.

I see nothing wrong with discussing how certain functions could be adjusted to give the broader community a better experience.

6 Likes

and yet I was not allowed to play my way without “bending” rules. (sorry/not sorry, still salty about having the rug pulled out from under my feet)

unknown

Well folks, you heard @Redlotus, you’re all wrong and there is no disputing objective facts! Close the thread vex because there is nothing further to discuss on the matter, The @Redlotus hath spoketh!

Such arrogance deserves mockery. If you are stating that you simply will not change your mind no matter what anyone says then you will be relieved to know that nobody wants to change your mind. Your position is known, acknowledged, and documented. You may exit this discussion triumphant, knowing that we all have heard what you have to say on the matter and nobody will ever try to change your mind again.

That does not make any of it objective fact.