Crash on startup

Thank you for the details. Hmm. These are the latest drivers. (FYI there is a Beta driver 385.12 you could try.

The game is failing extremely early in the startup.

@michaelb will take a look at the crash log you’ve shared tomorrow morning.

Until then is there anything special or potentially unusual about your machine setup? It’s failing before (or during?) the graphics system initalisation. Any funky hardware installed? Any funky software running? Any funky system setup?

I do have it installed on my C: drive which is two SSDs in RAID 0.

I also have a G-sync monitor.

Thanks we have received the game log. Btw - your log is different to @Wulfies.

Can you confirm what anti virus software you’re running?

Is the game crashing, ie. it just vanishes? Or is it hanging somewhere?

At the moment I would guess that there is an app or service stopping the game from accessing the game server.

What is the last thing you see in the game before it fails?

I don’t think these should be an issue. Thanks for the details.

Please confirm what you see before the game fails.

The game seems to work for about 2 seconds and then just “stops working” and windows starts “looking for a solution”.

I can look around and hitting escape seems to go to character creation. As long as I do it in the first 2 seconds!

Hmm ok. So you’re in the Sanctum corridor (blue looking place). Strange.

Given that the game is rendering I’m assuming it’s a connection issue. Can you look at your antivirus, firewall or router settings?

Tried turning off Malwarebytes again, but it didn’t help. Windows defender lists Boundless as allowed to communicate on Private and Public networks.

Hi James, mine is slightly different. Mine loads up the window but its white… It then says that “Boundless has stopped working” and can’t progress any further.

I have a 2560 x 1080 gsync monitor with Razer Synapse and Norton antivirus. Thats about it.

Can you try opening the following link in a browser, and let me know the output:

https://gseuc1.playboundless.com:8444/api/ping

Boundless game server ping response

Have you guys tried running the game as administrator?
Right click on boundless.exe in your Boundless folder located in steamapps > common
Then go to compatibility and check “Run this program as an administrator”

Do the same with boundlessloader.exe

This might be completely unrelated but this is always the first thing I try whenever a program doesnt work for me.

Edit:
Also, try reinstalling your drivers. In geforce experience go to the drivers tab and click this button.

Then click reinstall driver.

1 Like

It looks like it crashing too soon to get a crash dump using our current way of generating them.
Do you have any other screen overlay or streaming software enabled? D3DGear is a known cause of crash at start up but so far its been later than your crash looks. If you’ve any options enabled in the Geforce Experience, e.g. ShadowPlay, worth trying disabling them as a test.

Any issues with you machine, eg is your sound card working?

Sorry for the cheeky title - was not negativity, just laziness.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and it didn’t help.

That’s super strange. Thanks for sharing the video. And you’re right - Boundless is failing!!

Can you check again if a crash dump is in the Boundless folder alongside the game log? This would help us work out where the game is crashing.

(Whilst unlikely it would fix the issue) you could also try switching to the Steam Beta Boundless Testing version. Can you try the Testing version and report if the game fails in the same way?

We’re going to need to improve the crash handling and add some additional debugging logic.

1. Can you try the Steam Beta Boundless Testing version?

2. Can you check again if there is a crash mini dump file?

3. Can you confirm that you don’t have any non standard audio devices installed?

4. Do you have any non-standard devices connected? Funky devices / controllers / something?

Reset my PC, it worked after i did that.

2 Likes

Ah, the good old “have you turned it off and on again” fix :wink:

Glad you got it working!

1 Like

By Reset do you mean rebooted? Or return the Windows installation to an older state?

Return windows to a older state

1 Like