Crashing

I have crashed 3 times within 30 mins. All i was doing was building. I had to shut my game down once in the middle of the crashing because a sand like block covered like 85% of my screen.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lacwsiw0yyzOGs-_rT8ZYA_RasgQ9aZ7_A7tQc0SCBI/edit?usp=sharing

Already posted this yesterday in the ā€œ167 report issues hereā€ Thread. The crashing is an issue Iā€™m sure they are aware about since its happening to just about everyone especially near portal structures.

Can you try updating your graphics driver ā€¦

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (Driver Ver: ā€˜10.18.10.4358ā€™, Date: ā€˜12-21-2015ā€™)

itā€™s a little out of date. Hereā€™s a page for some newer onesā€¦

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000

i had many crashes today - comparing to other days; just stopped playing - maybe tomorrowā€¦

1 Like

@Cloud-Strife Sorry man i didnā€™t see it, i was just posting what i thought i should. Thanks @Stretchious I didnt know there was an update, it said my drivers were up to date when i checked for last time.

No worries - that should hopefully fix the texture issue on the screen! As for the game crashes, a few people have had them, and the devs are aware - Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Alright Thanks.

Will report my crash history as well by e-mail soon.

Collected a lot of crash dumps, so maybe there is something usefull for the devs in it :wink:
14 crashes in total captured, 1.23 GB uncompressed, 8.99 MB compressedā€¦

3 Likes

Dang, that is a lot.

Status update, crash reports have been sent to the Turbulenz Support e-mailaddress yesterday.

Contains:

• Crashlogs with minidumps
  • DXDiag system information

More details are in the e-mail itself, though no specific steps to reproduce.

1 Like

Yes, thanks. The large majority of crashes people have sent in are two bugs. By far the most common is a consequence of the faster meshing logic we added but clearly failing in some cases. The other a possibly related crash in a similar area of the code. Weā€™re working on them.

2 Likes

Just sent in some more crash reports, from the crashes I experienced last week.
Hope they help with getting the bugs solved :slight_smile:

(To clarify, this is on the live server. Fixes made on Test are not applied, since I only play on live)

Will check them out. The ones you sent earlier were the common ones other user were getting in the multi-threaded meshing that should be fixed in testing.

[Edit] The crashes were the same ones that should be fixed on testing.

2 Likes