CRAZY IDEA : nano-repair machine!

Imagine if you will, a machine, very hard to make (maybe some refined blink, rift and umbris) which would have 2 slots inside.

One slot to put an item inside (one that cannot be repaired with a spanner), and another slot to put fuel.
The fuel would be something called “nano-parts”.
Nano-parts would be crafted at the workbench by combining a big number of Ancient tech [I’ve updated the idea, below].

So depending on which tool you want to be repaired, you’ll need a different rank of nano-parts :
• Minor nano-parts : Ancient tech remnants + refined gleam if it’s a tool/weapon made of stone/copper
• Improved nano-parts : Ancient tech components + refined gleam if it’s a tool/weapon made of iron/silver
• Greater nano-parts : Ancient tech devices + refined gleam if it’s made of gold/titanium
• Super nano-parts : (Ancient tech remnants + components + devices + refined gleam + any creature trophy) if it’s a gem tool/weapon.
• Mega nano-parts : (Ancient tech remnants + components + devices + rift or blink or umbris) if it’s a gem tool/weapon.

Maybe some rich end-game players won’t need to repair and will prefer to buy new tools, but lower-tier players who can’t afford all the big shiny tools could repair overtime their best tools/weapons.

You put your item (like a damaged tool) inside the other slot of the machine, and it will slowly repair it overtime. Maybe at a rate like 1 durability point repaired every 30 seconds. So, very slowly! Imagine you have 1500 durability to repaid, that would take about 12.5 hours!
The repairs could be made faster with power-coils for this new machine!

But how much durability repaired should equal 1 nano-part? What quantities would you see?

As a side bonus, what if nano-parts were a placeable block? Something like a circuit-board-like block, with energy coursing its circuits? The color of said energy would depend on the refined gleam’s color, or on blink/rift/umbris if you’re going for the mega!

Would you like something like this?

A smart idea, but I feel that the cost of manually repairing machines (next to nothing) would put people off of the idea!

Oh I never thought of this to repair things that can already be repaired with a spanner.

I’d say it should be only usable for damaged tools/weapons.

But then repairing weapons/tools would ruin the economy of people spending coin on them things new?

2 Likes

That’s why it should be super hard to fuel that machine. Something reserved for the rich players.
Like, how often do you see people with all the upgrades for the Chrysominter? I’m thinking about these types of players.

Those are the people I love coming into my store :sweat_smile: Because they will buy my blink slingbows etc.

I just feel that if you start making changes in that way it makes the trading side of the game obsolete.

Now, that being said. Making a machine like that, that would give upgraded super buffs in your beaconed area would be cool.

It would also boost the economy in a different aspect. Mainly, people would buy far more of the components to make the fuel for it. So suuuure, some people would have to adapt what they’re selling…

But those people who are that rich can easily buy new tools and have them right away!

Besides, those people might have become rich because they forge themselves anyway :wink:

That makes sense.

But what about making the fuel like this :

Ancient tech remnants if it’s a tool/weapon made of stone/copper, Ancient tech components if it’s a tool/weapon made of iron/silver, Ancient tech devices if it’s made of gold/titanium and Nano-parts (remnants+components+devices+ichor) if it’s a gem tool/weapon?

That way, maybe some rich end-game players won’t need it, but lower-tier players who can’t afford all the big shiny tools could repair overtime their best tools/weapons.

Basically, my line of thought is that it’s weird that we’re in this constant loop of buying/crafting > using > breaking > buying/crafting > etc…
I find it weird that there would no way to squeeze a repair system for tools/weapons in that loop, somewhere, y’know?

Adding a repair system into the loop would probably require that it had diminishing returns on individual items, so that those items do eventually break anyway.

Not that I would mind infinitely repairing the same tools, but with the way gameplay is set up it would probably make sense that it worked like that. I suppose it also depends on how much of the damage can be repaired, how long it takes, etc…

2 Likes

So say a tool/weapon has 2000 durability to begin with. After repair once it have 1500, second time 1000, third time 500 and after forth time can not longer be repaired? Or 2000 ----> 1000 only allow one repair? Repair only gives back 50% durability back?

2 Likes

We already have fuels coming from farming? So maybe using them would make sense… as this would be a machine that is for people that are “end game” mostly

That’s one way to do it.

I thought that a SUPER SLOW repair + a huge number of ancient tech to fuel the machine would be enough.
Like, you put your damaged tool in the machine, it has 1500 durability to recover, so it would take 1500 ancient tech to repair it. Maybe 3000! And it would be like 1 durability repaired every 30 seconds. That would take something like 12 hours or so, right?

1 Like

Big pass from me. I’d rather see more machines, coils decade over time and not repairable after, say, 1000 hrs of active work.

All for the good of the economy.

1 Like

I agree there needs to be a more viable use for the tech remnants etc.
Always find myself with loads, and nobody buys it.

Whatever new Comes to the game Needs its entry at starter Player, not endgame rich People.
That said, i would love to see a repair your Tools machine. But Tools Need to lose durability imo is the better idea. For the sake of the economie.

neat idea but im against the use of ichor, forces players to go someplace and do something they might not want to do. and good luck buying it, they do cost quite a penny ofc.

I wish there were more tech-related decorative blocks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve updated the idea in the original post above to make it easier to read!

This new iteration of the idea pleases me greatly, if I dare say so myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like