Creations and Durations

This is just a general idea for the people who have the abilities to do such things.

Look, I’ve played this game for a while now - and we who have been around for any length of time have seen some incredible places in the game come and go. All of us accept the GENEROUS beacon and reclaim system which - bravo - is insanely awesome and very very helpful.

Recently I guess TNT closed down the hub. I toured around not long ago and all kinds of awesome places are gone now, and unfortunately - a lot of em still have husks of builds around them. It looks really bad.

My idea is that - as super ultra admin - you might decide to uh… disable the NEED for fuel at these beacons that host some of the most insane creations. Just on the sly. That way if someone just doesn’t fuel the beacon - it will STAY and not create a giant rotting hole in the world where it used to be.

You might, as super duper ultra admin, adopt a portal network for your game as well. Disable the need for Oort and Fuel, work with some of the quote un-quote COMMUNITY yeah woooo boy there is that word you all LOVE!!! - - COMMUNITY!!! - - Not even sure anyone actually knows what that USED to mean but NOW it means faceless groups of players in a video game! Or… Community is all the players we LIKE and NOT the ones we DON’T like… errrr… I don’t understand I’m old I guess.

Find some people you can stand to talk to for 5 minutes, who own a beacon you like with a portal network and adopt it
Maybe not a huge one with access to ALL planets and farms… but a NICE one, that will allow players to build their starter homes, open a portal to their planet’s hub, and connect to A network. The wands are great but I think if players are left to shoot a location and portal - there is a HUGE chance they will get lost… What do you think?

Personally I think the churn of beacons going up, getting filled in, finally built, then disappearing - really ONLY works for the game when we have a critical mass of players. We haven’t been there in a long time, when I started this game there was less than 1000 players - even with a few hundred there was still an empty feeling. This game REQUIRES a large amount of game area for players - which is great - I get territorial and enjoy my privacy too… but there is the element of emptyness that I think can be helped by the curators of the game.

I’ll have to log in and look but, I’m bummed about TNT. I get it that there are other networks, fact is people in general don’t like change. I also appreciated the build, I felt good helping subsudize the time investment for them after all the work they put in. … not gonna say anything about the other hub I saw on Prozees video…

I know some people might get triggered right - OH ADMIN FAVORITES GREAT IDEA … but imagine Pyrr’s disappears. Dude I myself have brought at least a dozen players there and shown them that “it’s possible” … Everyone I feel has had these places. What was that one HUGE water temple on that one planet?? There are even guides and certainly videos up - touring locations - and now they aren’t in the game anymore.

Yall get the drift. If not, drive on. Wall of text sorry not sry

3 Likes

Sounds like bad idea to me. Let builds that the owners don’t want to fuel or don’t care to fuel die in my opinion, if they wanted it to live on, they’d ask someone to take it over.

3 Likes

or Georgio - would cry after both (and a handful of others too)

2 Likes

Ha. If I decide to let my beacons go. I’ll be sure to have plenty of regen bombs in my inventory ready to return all my land to its natural glory.

5 Likes

just don’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
save your bombs :nerd_face:

1 Like

My builds are nowhere near as gorgeous as yours, but if you do regen … make a video :slight_smile:

Granted, I know that will never happen.

1 Like

whether the build stays or goes must remain the creator’s decision, but Blueprints would save many of us a lot of headaches

refuelled yesterday :wink:

4 Likes

I have years so Da Kingdom will be there Forever Muhahahaha

4 Likes

It still has an expiration date! But, good to know your will be around, kind sir!

i remember years ago, when there were no reclaim system, few expiring builds were saved by James at community request

now with reclaim system only ashed builds can be plotted and saved as all mats and stored items going into reclaim, even ashed they still got shade of its former glory and can be rebuild somewhere else :slight_smile:
i agree, having blueprints will help to preserve outstanding builds even allow the owners to keep blueprint and build something new and better knowing he can back to old build whenever he want :slight_smile:

Creativerse blueprint system