Creative Worlds form

I’m really unsatisfied with the creative world process. The service overall is a wonderful and long overdue addition to the game, but the way they are created is exceptionally aggravating.
When creating it, you are asked what type of atmosphere you want. This is not explained sufficiently. In general, the process of commissioning the creative worlds is poorly documented and, at times, very ambiguous.
There should be at least an explanation, preferably a picture as well, of the atmosphere in question when selecting this option. This will allow a much better user experience by proactively allowing users to customize a planet more to their liking.
(I, for one, am extremely displeased with my world, and now have to pay another $20 to create another one before I have one that is actually useable for me. Almost made me rage quit… almost)
If there is an additional effect from selecting a certain biome, such as it rains all the time, this should be mentioned within the form so that it is clear when selecting biomes. In general any field in the form for commissioning new worlds should be labeled, explained, or accompanied by photos when it has a significant effect on the appearance or other important qualities of the world to be created. This will lead to far greater satisfaction from users as well as fewer complaints and less requests from support.
(I have personally heard numerous complaints about biomes affecting weather)
There should be a user facing explanation of what is going on, and how the user should proceed at each step of the process of commissioning a new creative or private world. At a minimum, the FAQ should be displayed and the user required to acknowledge having read it. This will lead to reduced requests for support and probably fewer complaints.
( I didn’t encounter any problems personally, but there was a little confusion at a couple of points.)

Thanks to the dev team for being very active, and for being exceptional in their addressing of support requests. I really think just reworking the form for creating a personal world will make the overall experience far far better for most people.

6 Likes

List of prefabs for each biome would help too. There are gleam or specific rock formations not visible in the pictures available and not suggested by biome name, that I was aiming at and it took me a few tries to find them. I imagine other players might have had that difficulty as well.

2 Likes

I would like to know what profiles cause what kind of cave generation and/or other structures to be generated in the world, along with environment colors, weather data, etc.

3 Likes

Caves are not determined by the biome. They are like a biome that exists under the other biomes and are generated randomly based on the tier of the planet or the biome. I do not remember which one. But as they can affect the surface I would also prefer to select them to avoid holes in the ground.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d like to avoid holes in the ground, along with this shenanigans underground:

Or at least a link to a place fully describing the biome, weather, and overall generation. Someone at WS would have to sit down for a week or so and type out explanations of the world generation in clear, concise documents. I say it has to be one of them, because to my knowledge we don’t really get to play around with the world gen enough to fully understand what is effecting what. If they released the world gen to the users we could do the write-ups as a community.

1 Like

I can’t upvote this enough. I’m on the edge of buying another world, but I’m really on full caution cause I don’t want to end up with something I’ll hate.
I understand that world generation can’t be 100% what you want, there is always a chance for something to combine in the way you don’t like, but there has to be detailed info about what affects weather. I hate all the snow and rain in any amount. If I can’t have some biomes because of that I don’t care, just let me know which ones have 24/7/365 rain.