Crime in Boundless [burglary, pickpocketing]

That is what I fear the chat will be flooded with people trying to sell their items and the lore and concept of the Titans brings to the table the idea that they can create a back story of why the Oortians are in such devastating times and also give you an objective in the game other than being the richest merchant I also feel if there is no story you will lose a great deal of people that play the game this is something that can put a definitive line between Boundless and a game such as Minecraft the possibilities of this succeeding are Boundless I can see this taken in many different directions.

Exactly, you only listed combat roles but it’s exactly what I meant^^ As long as someone who specialized as a crafter crafts stuff he’s “in character”. And because you wouldn’t specialize in something you don’t like most spezialists most likely will be “in character”.

I also agree with the lore vs. story line. For me the appeal of Boundless is that it doesn’t have a fixed story line. We make our own story and that’s exciting.

2 Likes

Even if the lore was built in a short story playable introduction something like your Oortian home planet was destroyed and a few survivors were able to escape but not without damage maybe your ship crashes on this new planet and it is up to you and your fellow survivors to re-build in hopes that you may restore your civilation to its former glory on a new planet you can call home but some how the Titans managed to find you and you’re in constant battle to fend off the pending invaders once again. A short playable intro no more than 15-20 mins you spawn at a crash site and that’s when the sandbox appears, something like this adds more room for Steam Achievements and trophies on the PS4. It also defines Boundless as different then the rest in great sort of way.

If we delete RPG from that phrase (because it doesnt belong there since it is such a wide topic and is more than anything OPPOSITE of what you just wrote) i think that is an amazing way of putting it. Sandbox doesnt mean that there has to be no background on the world, AKA lore. but as you mentioned they generally tend to now have story lines and instead focus on ‘‘Doing what you want within a set of rules’’

again. RPG. is NOT!!! the opposite of sandbox. themepark is. RPG is a stupidly wide genre which can be used to define just about any game. but in most cases it RPG is connected with themepark (they are not inseparable, though which is why people tend to assume that you cant have sandbox RPG’s.)

BTW, case it missed, this was praise.

1 Like

The races you play arent the oortian people. The Oortians is an ancient people who were wiped out, and as far as im aware we are on the worlds they once inhabited. i really dont think an intro sequence would be fitting, for this game i think the lore would make much more sense if they were found in things such as scrolls or ancient temples.

2 Likes

If you quote only that part of my sentence it really sounds like I said RPGs and Sandbox is contradricting but that´s not what I actually wrote:

First part of the sentece

conjunction

Second part of my sentence.

All I said is that Sandbox games usually have a lore but no storyline and that B< is a Sandbox game.

To be fair I also thought that those were two seperate sentences^^

1 Like

Ohh. sorry. it was the lack of punctuation, didnt even notice that they could be split like that. i apologize :smiley:

in that case you are completely right.

The punctuation is correct it’s just that we put the RPG to the wrong half of the sentence^^

3 Likes