Cross Progression?

Hello,

I tried to find the answer through Google and even searched the forums a bit but was unable to find an answer. Could someone tell me whether or not Boundless is cross progression? I would like to buy the game on PC but still be able to use my PS4 character to play that way I have the option to bounce back and forth.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The characters are locked to their platform. So you’ll only have access to your PS4 characters on the PS4 and the other way around as well

1 Like

@FireAngelDth Well, that’s a bummer. Oh well, it was worth a shot, thanks!

1 Like

But if you friend them they can share everything els including accses to plots, equipment, and even coins. I play with my son this way and it works well.

2 Likes

I play on both and just added all alts from each to permissions on all beacons. It also helps to drop a few baskets down to use as ‘banks’ so that all characters can access coin

3 Likes

@Jeffrotheswell I did think about that but I don’t know that I want to go through the leveling process again, seems awfully tedious. I might look into doing this later when I have just a bit more time on my hands but for now I’ll just have to stick to my PS4. The reason I wanted cross progression is there are times when I don’t have access to my PS4 but I do have access to my laptop.

@Coolpants Baskets as banks for all character is absolutely brilliant. I will definitely be putting this to use!

4 Likes

With the PlayStation Remote Play app you can play anywhere. You can even connect your phone to a PS4 controller. You’d want to be on WiFi I’m sure.
It’s a thought. I have an Old iPhone se and it worked… not that I go anywhere to use it. Lol. But I did try it outside in my garage.

2 Likes

@georgegroeg I think this will be the route that I take. Didn’t know you could connect to a controller though, I’ll have to try that.

1 Like

I’ve used the Windows app to use my playstation from a few hundred miles away

It wasn’t the best experience, but it did technically function.

1 Like

Yeah I just had to update my iOS on my phone for the controller to connect. It didn’t work at first.

Wait

iPhone with ps4 controller? Wut

2 Likes

Yeah I tried it because I was going to try and stream. But my mic on my PS4 is trash. So I used my controller through my phone and my earbuds and mic through my iPhone. It worked and sounded better than my PS4 headset.

1 Like

I’ve use the remote play on my iPhone 6S from my deck and garage. Even the on screen controls work well. They do take some getting use to though. I’ve mostly used it just to cue more crafts in my machines, no major action.

1 Like