Crystal/Gem Torch - Think about it Devs!

The world Kovah, a community developed world for a community capital.

The community brainstormed and gave input, but @nevir did all the world builder work.

3 Likes

Not all of it! @KKBell and @Predatoxic helped out with parts of it, too

Ah yeah, that’s true. Credit where it is due!

As for the topic at hand though, I would really love it if crystal torches stood 1.5-1.75 units tall!

1 Like

tiki torch style?

1 Like

Would be good if they were standard size, but could be extended - best of both then :wink:

2 Likes

torches are the new nerd pole :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

and another thing, a detail thought that when the trouch is in motion it could do like a lightsaber noise but MUCH smoother and not that noisy. as the fire torch has its noise this gem torch should have one too instead of just being there lighting in a cool way. dunno if you guys get a notification if i reply to myself… so im just going to put @ben in here

1 Like

I can imagine that noise will get quite annoying when running around with it!

2 Likes

i said “muuuch smoother” think like a small and low pitched “voom”. but reaally small noise. when you turn fast it does more noise and when you fall it goes even “voomer”. just a thought. and after all people can see me reply to myself ok

7 Likes

Are we going to get sounds to those reactions at some point? Cause I can just immagine some kind of SIGH sound escape our friend here :smiley:

4 Likes

Please–lightsaber noise is a cliche’ at this point. (Lightsaber noise is older than a lot of people in this forum. I might be older than some of the devs creating the game.) Having all my gear make noise will mask the noise of predators stalking me, and without peripheral vision, I need all the audio cues I can get that I’m about to be killed by a hypertrophied rat. (Never mind that my tinnitus already causes problems with hearing in-game sounds. My tinnitus is older than some of the devs creating the game!)

2 Likes

calm down man im saying light saber noise because i cant say other thing, i have nothing else to compare to the sound that goes in my mind xD

Gleam doesn’t make noise, so I don’t think gleam on a stick needs to make noise.

2 Likes

I mean it could be a faint humming noise if you move the head of your character near such a torch but yea not really necessary.

2 Likes

hehehe, felt like a good time to use this image.

2 Likes

ok guys forget the sound of the gem! :triumph:

2 Likes

Hey It’s good to have ideas so we can discuss if they are worth implementing.
Better you have an idea and we come to the conclusion it doesn’t fit Boundless than not having ideas at all.

2 Likes

Along the same lines as what @KuroKuma said, it’s fantastic that you’re able to come up with things and suggest them and please keep doing this! But suggestions pretty much go through the community first and devs second since we’re the primary audience for the game. If others aren’t quite fans of something, we have to speak up or else it may be incorporated into the game! But that doesn’t mean we’re against you or you suggesting things, just against that particular suggestion!

Also keep in mind that the more people who say they’re for or against something doesn’t necessarily equate to them ganging up on you or anything. We just have to lend more voices to certain things so devs can say, “Oh, only one or two people are against this.” versus “Oh, like ten or so people are against this”. It just adds weight.

So thanks again for the suggestions and keep 'em coming!

3 Likes

Yes yes I understand, I didn’t felt left out or something. I was being ironic with the emoticon and the emotions of being moked at. I know what you mean and I also do that for sure, we must all. With or without sound the Gem/crystal Torch is on the todo list so im happy!

anyway, anyone wants to play right now?

2 Likes