Curious question about builds regenerating along with the landscape

I wonder if it could do a check on the block type - most player placed blocks will be of the “_DUGUP” version which are different to their natural state. Dare I say, it could include a process to RNG remove those blocks… say 50-60% possibility they are removed per regen pass.

2 Likes

This might work well for the blocks in the actual build but if the player landscaped the area around the build, for example removed a hill and then built, would the regen affect the removed blocks differently essentially burying the build or filling in the build with the regened landscape while the player placed (dugup) blocks slowing regened inside? For example I dug out a basement where I have my workshop. The walls floors and machines are probably classed as dugup, but the open space is removed (like if I was mining) and not replaced, so would the basement fill in the empty space and the walls and machines slowly regen?

Yup pretty much this - Air is not a placed block so it would regen as normal. It could make for some pretty interesting ruins. Some could be on the surface, some half buried and some even completely buried. True tomb raider style :smiley:

2 Likes

When the devs make this change, they will need to add the special headgear of a wide-brimmed leather fedora, and a new bullwhip weapon.

“Spitters. Why did it have to be spitters?”

3 Likes