Current gameplay "feedback"

Yes that was the intention:

1 Like

I’ve had time to dwell on this since we came up with a bunch of cool ideas, and the mining one would seem to be a little game breaking. You’d basically be putting the rock market in the hands of the people who play the most. A new player hoping to become a trader wouldn’t stand a chance against a mining giant like that. I still like the idea of super high level skills, though they’d have to be more ‘quality of life’, and less OP.

I completely agree with this. Make the game easy to learn, and easy to get into, but hard to master and reach that ever illusive end-point. It’s a matter of making a leveling curve that’s shallow to begin with, then ramps up considerably after a certain point. It’s sort of what we have now, but it needs to be in a place where players can get their hands on all their basic skills in a short amount of time.

A quick side point on this. Some players simply enjoy chasing levels. They set themselves a goal and head for it - and will in some cases even do things that aren’t fun on their own to achieve said goals. I guess it’s a case of stubborn players battling through arduous tasks in order to reach something nobody else has. I like that concept.

For example, it isn’t fun to grind mobs for days on end in MMO’s, which is why it’s called a grind - but players still do it. In fact there’s a huge market for the grind, especially in many Eastern MMO’s. I’m not suggesting you go that route with Boundless, I’m merely suggesting you keep those players in mind - the crazy people who want to go to extremes.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, anyway, getting something special is the point, doesn’t have to break the game :smiley:

1 Like