Custom Placable Prebuilds

I feel that building could be a more active part of the game. Being able to create a build, save it, and deploy it wherever a free beacon plot may lay could be an awesome addition to the game. It would allow players to set up structures for meteorite battles or simple enemy skirmishes, or to save loads of time on large builds by using preplotted patterns.

This would be unlocked by an epic skill, and would support any type of block, even chiseled if possible. Each build would be confined to an 8X8 plot and placed using the plot grid. Placement should probably have a short load bar attached to it.

Every prebuilt structure would be player custom. Saving one would be as simple as choosing a plot within your beacon with a new blueprint item, similar to a beacon plotter. Using the item would turn it into a namable blueprint item, which would have durability limits. Each build would require the proper inventory, as well as inventory space for blueprints.

3 Likes

I would love to sell patterns like this. I think the blueprint maker should have to place the materials down and then “take a snapshot” of the plot which would remove all the blocks and give them the blueprint item. They can then sell it, and whoever uses it on a plot would cause those blocks to appear in the new plot.

There’s so many uses for this. You could sell roads by the plot. You could sell 8x8x8 prestige bombs full of chiseled gleam. You could even use it to relocate your base.

Crafting the snapshot device would take foliage like the other plot-based papers, ancient tech components, and torches. It is consumed on use (replaced by the blueprint.)

2 Likes

I like the snapshot idea of it condensing the plot into a blueprint. Could be interesting to sell pieces of a build as say collector items lol

It would be a method for builders to get the coin that they can’t get from gathering

1 Like