Daily boundless newspaper?

Totally doable. There is no shortage of people who want to contribute, or things worth writing about =)

To avoid burnout:

1. Start small. Set a personal goal to do perhaps 6 monthly editions?

2. Don’t set the bar too high. Something that looks ‘meh’ to you may look amazing to us! We are often overly critical of ourselves.

3. Share the load. You don’t want a fun project to become a grind lol.

4. Reach out! If anything, I anticipate it’ll be more difficult to filter out what should go in next month vs this month’s edition than it will be to find content.

5. Adapt. If the project is fun but monthly is too much, you can always go bi-monthly or something.

Also real life happens. Perhaps you will randomly find yourself building an actual log cabin in real life with a friend? Who knows, but it’d be better to put this on hold for a week or two than to drop it. This is gonna be great!

3 Likes

I had been giving this some thought before it was posted, and always been toying with an idea to “publicize” what was going on the the Boundless worlds. And the main draw for me in the game is the exploration part. And those things seemed to go hand in hand.

I’m not new to designing magazines as i have done so before ( more like Zines, the smaller format). Nothing published but something i like to do when i have material that lends itself to it.

With your info i was thinking along the lines of this maybe i can make dedicated post asking if people have an “article” they want to share with the rest, and have them write the text and provide screenshots and i would work it into a magazine. Wich should leave the work verry devided and verry managable. A few articles could span well over 15 pages with screenshots included. And would leave me being able to focus on just putting it all together coherently.

3 Likes

I would certainly be up to discussing ideas and a way to make it happen. I’m sure we all only have a limited amount of time to work on this so teaming up makes sense to me. DM me and we can set something up as well as anyone else interested in helping out. Like someone else said, we can start small, set some manageable goals and keep it fun. Once it becomes work, that’s where projects like this can falter and fade out. Cheers!

1 Like

If anyone else is interested in helping out with this in any form with whatever time you have to give please post your interest and what area(s) you would like to help out in if you have a preference. You can also DM myself or TrueLost as well so we can put together a list of people to get this up and running. Thanks.

1 Like

I’d read it

1 Like

A daily news paper might be a full time job but weekly or monthly might be doable. @the-moebius had a good one going for awhile.

1 Like

Yeah, a weekly newspaper should be managble (though not for/by me) and could be very fun/interesting I think :slight_smile:

Ideas:

• Worlds/player stats overview
  • Hightling a certain building and/or city
  • Interview with a player
  • Photos
  • Advertisements for shops/deals
  • Advertisements for activities (guilds)
    Etc…

I would certainly check it out :wink:

2 Likes

I would even go with biweekly. Still want time to play the game yourself and allow things/builds to develop in game. But entirely up to the creator. I do agree it should be player-made and not dev made though.

1 Like

Personals section?

Hi, I’m Dutch. I moved to Sorissi 16 months ago. I enjoy building and max grapple range. My favorite color is silk yellow.
Must love wildstocks.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Love it!

1 Like

Different people could contribute each month with a section if they can giving variety to the paper and with a lot of people all over the world would be great to see :grimacing:

I don’t mind helping where I can I do photography too :+1:t3:

Also could be posted to twitter etc to get BOUNDLESS community seen and what fun we having at creating things together :wink:

1 Like

Thank you.

I want to see nightstar write a piece!

1 Like

…looking for tree builder… Looking for very large cave excavator… Willing to pay in earthyam and creature mantle…

3 Likes

Cool idea, I’d like to read it for sure and contribute in some way if i can.
You could make advertise for shops or other places for cover the costs :rofl:

2 Likes

I have an art background (sadly still an unpaid passion) but I’d love to try and contribute some art or strips, bits and pieces for design even if needed. Monthly is a realistic start and maybe down to bi weekly if it gets enough support? I’d give it a shot to help.

3 Likes

Awesome!

@rogueOp and I have started working on the magazine, the basic structure of it, and will soon reach out to all of you who want/can contribute in any sort of way. Nice to see that there is interest for it!

2 Likes

Is it a shareable doc for collaborating?

No, we are busy on a unified style for the magazine, and will incorporate community articles/builds/advertizements/interviews and whatever else you can come up with! We thought with the content being so diverse it would be nice to have an overarching style throughout.

1 Like

Truelost et al = editor and publisher :wink:

1 Like