Dangerous Creatures - Concept (ranger v1)

Hi guys,
another update on Dangerous Creatures development.
This guy is a ranger type and tend to attack peoples from distance. Some of them are comical and some less so.
To the next update :smile:

20 Likes

#3 is a must! I want an Army of those Chickens. We shall be the Omelet Armada. >:)

6 Likes

These are really cool :slight_smile:

Though have you thought about using some kind of spitters that spit poison or acid. That would be a pretty cool variation of attack.

Also some creatures that throw spikes by fast tail swips woul be awesome.

2 Likes

oh geez that chicken :laughing:

1 Like

Hi Thor, Iā€™m glad you like them.
Yes, Iā€™m planning to complete another page tomorrow with some creature variation that are a bit more ā€œlethalā€ with fire/poison damage.

6 Likes

Not gonna lieā€¦ Some of those are simply too ā€œcomicalā€. Weird and alien is great, but ass-cannon chickens neither feel adequately alien nor particularly impressive. The carrot vomiting rabbits feel like ā€œMists of Panderaā€ rather than Oort Online. I like the rest well enough. How about more armed variants like the bow and blowgun? I also particularly like the spike shooters. What about a rock thrower type? Or a creature that throws smaller creatures?

6 Likes

These sketches are round 1 for Ranger. Round 2 sketches will address more alien, Oort like and less comical ideas.

5 Likes

I did not see that but i have to agree

These would be cool.

Immagne walking around and then get a savage lizzard throw in your head :slight_smile:
Or something that fires a spray of little crab like creatures that grabs your skin.

2 Likes

This is ridiculously awesome. but are we gonna get enimies that doesnt look like mutated animals? hope you guys can share some ā€˜ā€˜protectorā€™ā€™ art in the near future :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps some sort of hive queen monster? Getting real scary, Oort!

2 Likes

Hi Havok,
In that first pass of concepts I was trying to incorporate different aspects and ideas, from comical like 3 and 5 and some a little more serious like 4 and 8.
Iā€™m planning to come with more variations with the intentions of stimulate story and ideas.
Donā€™t worry, more serious characters are on their way. I just love to share with you guys our progress and explorations process.

Thank you for the feedback. :smile:

3 Likes

haha awesome.

1 Like

i think number 4 is a genius idea, a creature that can shoot and regenerate skikes sounds aweseme. personally i would be up for creatures that are kinda serious but also that they make sense to a certain degree, so while i like the carrot puking rabbit it would definately be a pet peeves monster for me, since it seems so illogical xD

1 Like

1,2 and 4 are pretty solid ideas. Like Havok said earlier, the others are a bit comical. :smile:

1 Like

3, 8 and 9 :slight_smile:

My vote for 2(if the size of his ā€œbackā€ gets increased), 4 and 7.

Like these bad boys?^^
http://i.giflike.com/z6dCyii.gif

3 Likes

Personally Iā€™m a fan of 1 and 9. They look like they can obtain ammo naturally in a believable way, unlike the egg cannon or the carrot missile or the flute ninja.

1 Like

think the turtle of number 2 is pretty genius too xD

1 Like

Coming to the app store summer 2016!

1 Like

I would love to go with Nr# 2, 4 and 8 ā€¦ #2 fires like a catapult, the others direct, while the 8th one is one of those you can communicate with :wink: