'Dear ImGui' font and font size (Debug, Creative, World Builder)

Boundless uses a GUI library called ‘Dear ImGui’, it has a built in font called ProggyClean but the font size is fixed! This means on a 4k screen the dialogs and menus of Debug, Creative Mode and the World Builder are very hard to read. I would need to change my display resolution to 1440p in order to be able to read it comfortably.

Would it be possible to add a setting to choose an alternative monospaced font? Or allow the size to be changed (even tho the documentation says it renders best at size 13)?

@rossstephens, @Leahlemoncakes, @lucadeltodecso
Would be neat if this could be changed in next release (if it’s really easy to do that is), I’m old, eyes are baaaaaaad, 13 pt. font at 4k I need a magnifying glass! :smiley:

2 Likes

Good thing you don’t have 8k!

I’m using a 14" 1440p screen, i know the pain.

Haven spoken about this before i think it is quite a big undertaking to change this ( i would like it to) but since it isn’t really player facing it’s low on the priority table im afraid :frowning:

3 Likes

Ouch, that’s one tiny monitor! Need to get a bigger one for yourself at home tho! (am assuming this is at home, right?)

Silliest thing is, I have a 32" monitor, it’s not all that far away from me, it’s hanging over my knees, but it’s too far away for this teeny tiny text!