Dear Monumental DEV Team

in future - can you please exclude perma planets colors from select on exo planets?
thank you in adcance

almost every exo planet from last 2 months - like 90% of perma world colors, 9% of sov selectable colors and 1% of locked colors, mainly flowers and shrooms, 1 locked rock color if i remember correctly

as example - new exo

[Hercul] –[T7 - Savage Umbris Exoworld]

perma world colors - 24
sov selectable colors - 18
exo exclusive color - 0

2 Likes

I know everyone hopes for new colors when an Exo appears or someone rents a new Sovereign. There are only 255 possible colors for each item and those will eventually be exhausted. New colors will not be possible at that point. With each new color that appears, there’s less & less of a statistical chance that a new one will happen. That’s why it seems like it’s taking forever for new colors to show up.

(Exos provide other exclusive resources like goo kernels, resin, petrolim, ichor, kindling, lucent ores, & plant seeds.)

Best case scenario would be that Monumental will unlock all colors for building. They would then add in new resources like mobs, drops, plants, treasure, ores, unique biomes, etc that would be exclusive to Exos.

The other option would be to complete update 249. Make it so that all items can be spray tinted for building. I don’t know if they plan to keep this update or if they are going to scrap it. It would be nice to have the melee weapons, shields, and full 359 skill sheet in this type of game imo.

10 Likes

Wish they would add new movement mechanics and specific races that have new abilities. Elemental Races such as water , Air, fire and earth

2 Likes

Just FYI

In the past two months … roughly there were:

New Colors = 27
Exo Only Colors = 158

@Soju-VB could probably give an exact number here as I was missing a little data on a few planets.

Why not unlock all the colors? I personally enjoy the color rarity and I dare say it is actually a love/hate relationship, but… it is one of the few things that keeps me coming back to the game.

Excluding planet colors might be ok, but let’s run some questions down.

Have you visited every permanent planet and gathered their colors of everything?
I know I have tried, but damn it’s tedious.

Do you really NEED every color?
I do … haha. I don’t know that I have every color of everything, but I may, and I am sure there are others in the game that surely do.

As @majorvex stated, making everything paintable solves most of the problem. Many things are paintable now, but the ability to paint everything still makes color rarity a bit of a thing except for players with tons of spray/goo/pigment.

We shall see what happens but… there have been a ton of new and exo colors … :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha im not, im not gsthered all perma colors,

i remember that ancient trunk on Finata was nowhere to find? i think it was Finata, someone even offered 250k coins for location with even single block existed…

but if i ever be wanted perma color i know where to find it :smiley:

from 1 side - excitement from unlocking single new color still keeps me playing game :slight_smile: i really want all colors unlocked right now? i m not, im not planning to build color storage with chests full of everything in every color

as i stated earlier, i love natural deco blocks as tangle, thorns, glacier, growth, sponge, ash, i wish for advanced deco block crafted from them :smiley:

as for painting everything, im against painting gleam, i love pure natural gleam source, why? i love the sound and visual effect of cracked gleam block :smiley:

anyone else noticed those small ust cloud in gleam color that speared after mining a gleam block? i love this effect :smiley:

so im against paining gleam, it pure crystal, crystalline resource, it shouldnt be able to tint :smiley:

it could be possible only under condition that tinted gleam will change it structure to make it looks different

From 17 July 2022 until Today it appears there have been 65 new item colors unlocked for Sov selection if the world control JSONs are accurate. I do not track Exo colors anymore.

List
Item Color
WOOD_LUSH_LEAVES Cool Violet
WOOD_LUSH_LEAVES Bright Turquoise
FLORA_PLANT_INKY Bright Violet
WOOD_EXOTIC_LEAVES Ashen Berry
FUNGUS_BRACKET Vivid Fuchsia
FUNGUS_BRACKET Vivid Lilac
WOOD_ANCIENT_TRUNK Cool Mint
WOOD_ANCIENT_TRUNK Oxide Blue
WOOD_ANCIENT_TRUNK Night Lilac
THORNS_DEFAULT_BASE Warm Blue
ROCK_IGNEOUS_BASE Strong Slate
CRYSTAL_GLEAM_BASE Deep Mustard
ASH_DEFAULT_BASE Bright Magenta
ASH_DEFAULT_BASE Vivid Viridian
GRASS_GNARLED_BASE Vivid Turquoise
FLORA_PLANT_FIBROUS Bright Violet
FLORA_PLANT_FIBROUS Bright Lilac
GRASS_BARBED_BASE Shadow Violet
CRYSTAL_GLEAM_BASE Vivid Cobalt
CRYSTAL_GLEAM_BASE Vivid Violet
CRYSTAL_GLEAM_BASE Strong Fuchsia
FLORA_FLOWER_1 Stark Green
FLORA_FLOWER_1 Warm Mustard
FUNGUS_AMANITA Stale Red
FUNGUS_AMANITA Light Blue
WOOD_WAXY_LEAVES Cool Blue
WOOD_WAXY_LEAVES Bright Viridian
WOOD_WAXY_LEAVES Cool Azure
FLORA_FLOWER_3 Shadow Mustard
FLORA_FLOWER_4 Bright Moss
FLORA_FLOWER_4 Bright Cerulean
FLORA_FLOWER_4 Bright Mustard
PLANT_FIDDLEHEAD Stark Mustard
PLANT_FIDDLEHEAD Cool Red
GRASS_VERDANT_BASE Light Mustard
GRASS_VERDANT_BASE Mint
GRASS_VERDANT_BASE Vivid Cherry
GRASS_VERDANT_BASE Light Blue
MUD_DEFAULT_BASE Viridian
MUD_DEFAULT_BASE Strong Violet
FUNGUS_DRIPPING Blue
GROWTH_DEFAULT_BASE Luminous Viridian
ICE_DEFAULT_BASE Dark Blue
ICE_DEFAULT_BASE Silk Lavender
PLANT_YUCCA Dark Berry
PLANT_YUCCA Strong Cherry
ICE_GLACIER_BASE Slate
PLANT_ALOE Bright Taupe
PLANT_ALOE Bright Blue
PLANT_ALOE Bright Cerulean
PLANT_CACTUS Dark Berry
PLANT_CACTUS Stark Lavender
PLANT_CACTUS Light Berry
PLANT_CACTUS Deep Cobalt
PLANT_LOTUS Bright Violet
PLANT_LOTUS Bright Blue
PLANT_LOTUS Light Fuchsia
TANGLE_DEFAULT_BASE Bright Magenta
TANGLE_DEFAULT_BASE Stark Lime
ROCK_SEDIMENTARY_BASE Bright Slate
ROCK_SEDIMENTARY_BASE Cool Lime
ROCK_SEDIMENTARY_BASE Strong Viridian
SOIL_SILTY_BASE Vivid Viridian
SOIL_SILTY_BASE Deep Cobalt
SOIL_SILTY_BASE Vivid Lavender
3 Likes

A Monumental DEV team do exist, right now?

@Soju-VB U da best!

It was recently stated that they’re still putting this together. When they have the requisite staff and knowledge to call the group a “boundless dev team” I’m sure there will be announcements.