Dedicated servers PS4?

Hi, just found out about this game and i gotta say, it looks awesome. Like an improved minecraft.

What could be a dealbreaker for me and my friends is dedicated servers. Lots of games lack dedicated servers on PS4. This is something that ark has done right. You were able to rent this dedicated server over at nitrado for instance.

Will something similar be available for Boundless? Tried google but couldnt find an answer on this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Something i know is that PS4 and PC share the same universe, so eventually you will be able to rent a “planet” for yourself

1 Like

The planet renting is not ingame yet, but is one of the main features which the devs plan to realize after 1.0 (next to titans, farming and other creatures). As the PS4 players use the same worlds as the PC players (yes, real crossplay, wooohoooo ^^) I don’t think that PS4 players will excluded from the rented worlds thingie :wink:

2 Likes

Ok a lot of things i don’t get yet :grin: Do the devs read and comment here?

Thing is that in another topic i saw one of the devs making a comment that tou can even host your own world from your own home. If crossplay is the case and ps4 gamers would be able to connect to a server address we would be good tk go.

I think they use their own server hosting solution for when we’ll be able to do something like that.
Since it’ll be hooked up to the main worlds (as I understand it) anyway.

1 Like

Yes, dedicated servers both connected and separate from the MMO are planned for the game. Whether PS4 players can connect to the detached ones is unknown.

1 Like

Wow this community seems very alive

:hugs:

How is the game? The comparison with minecraft is very obvious but besides building minecraft doesnt really offer much more. Is the economic aspect well balanced? Rgp elements any good?

2 Likes

For me this is one of the first games I played online with a true economy, with prices fluctuating realistically with the abundance/scarcity of items and having a real impact on gameplay etc… and like a real economy it becomes an essential part of everyday gameplay with how varied the roles are, I said it before 1.0 and I’m sure it’s going to be no different now the economy is as an important a tool to the game as the hammer is.

Ah that sounds cool.

Thanks for the reactions guys!

Think of it as a love child of a very sweet and deep romance of Minecraft with an “classless RPG” and an “Eve light” , Yes, you build with blocks (which is deeper in Boundless because of chisteling and many mats in many different colors each) and have voxel wolrds, but the leveling, tech progress, economy and planet network with its higher tiered worlds and the ability to visit every city someone has build is just mindblowing when seen out of the perspective of MC ^^ … It IS something new and the only voxelspace game I played more then a week or two (and I played MC, Trove, Creativerse, and I think about 10 different other ones ^^) … I’m here for 4 years now ^^

1 Like

Oh wow, that sounds very promising. Watching this lets play right now. Love the woodcutting lol.

I’m preorderkng this right now.

Is the light beackon thing protecting your base in the multiplayer?

4 Likes

There are only worlds for all players now, so everywhere is “multiplayer area”, but yes. Your beacon protects the area and only you can change stuff in there. You can also give permissions to friends to work together (permissions in 3 areas: Building, storage access and interacting with stuff if I remember right (not at pc right now)). The world also don’t regenerate in your beacon. Normaly areas grow back to initial stage when no player visited the area for 12 hours. On this way the worlds never look like MC servers after a year with griefers visiting ^^

you can also have multiple beacons, just limited by the plots you own to distribute between them (1 plot = 8x8x8 blocks). you can get more plots by spending cubits you gain when leveling up (even after reaching max level) or by buying them with real money (but to be honest: you get over 200 plots when level to max alone, so enough for some nice big buildings or areas ^^ This is also the only “in game advance” you can get for money, so there is no pay to win in any kind)

1 Like

Almost sounds to good to be true :grin:

Hope i get an answer on this server thing.

1 Like

The main thing is to just remember to fuel your beacon/s but even the most basic fuel, which takes seconds to make, keeps it protected for 4 weeks …There are more advanced fuels but I can’t remember off hand how long they last for plus there’s the Gleam Club which automatically fuels your beacons for as long as you’re a member.

1 Like

Official answer is here:

3 Likes

Thanks james!!

1 Like

When will we see these private servers?

Soon? I hope

Tired of being surrounded by and dug under by other random people. Want to set up my own world. After that, it will be epic.