Defeated over and over again - advice needed!

Greetings to everyone! This is my first post and I would like to get a bit of help regarding being defeated in the game. I thought that I need to reach level 50 and if I have all my Kinetic Armour and Resistance together with Impulse Armour and Resistance maxed out, I will survive longer - but that is not the case.
I have the Health Epic as well.
I want to mention that my build is thought as a Miner / Hunter / Gatherer - where I occasionally need to hunt or gather but my main activity would be mining. However it is extremely hard to gather anything as the Cuttletrunks are killing me over and over again on T6 worlds. What am I doing wrong?
My current skill page looks like this: https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=BNG68G823UUCCCC5H3FE
I would appreciate some suggestions on how to improve my gathering without being killed but keep my mining “powers” intact. All input is appreciated!

Regards,

On all my miner/hunter/gatherers I have 0 points in armor/health/resistance.

I have 8/8 control attribute, 5/5 all attributes, and Stealth epic.

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

11 Likes

The trick I find is if your not going to be hunting them that the best thing is to avoid them.
Going max control and stealth epic is very useful for avoiding creatures.

Can also drink the potion (forget its name) to boost your stealth even more.

3 Likes

Consider your goals. Do you care about the hunting at all? Do you need the creature drops for anything you do in game? If you don’t care about hunting but simply are using the points to survive, then consider switching your points to anything that gives stealth and using innocuous brews. So control bonus for the increased stealth, shadow epic for the increased stealth. And then you’ll be basically invisible. If they still see you pop an innocuous brew and you’ll be entirely invisible I think everywhere except T7s but even then you’re close to it

Thank you for the replies! I don’t focus too much on hunting except when I need the creature drops. I wish there would be some way to “hunt on demand” just to get some eyes and glands and then focus on my mining. For some reason I thought that the armour will protect me but it feels that it is not very effective. Those big corrosive cuttletrunks are eating me alive. I guess my biggest issue in this game is regards to the cuttletrunks. I usually play casual and now I am getting a bit frustrated.

Regards,

1 Like

Use multiple tabs 1 for miner 1 for gather 1 for crafter 1 for hunter. But first tab miner/crafter till u get a few more tabs

1 Like

For some reason I made two alternative characters, one level 30, which knows how to craft and one for the Centraforge, level 17. Multiple skill sets are better than multiple characters?

Regards,

Consider that being tanky has its downfall that you aren’t doing damage. You can take as much damage as you want but if you can’t kill the enemy in a reasonable amount of time they’re still just gonna wear down your health. I actually use a combination of it all. I have 5 points in control for some stealth, and use innocuous brews for an added boost to stealth. And then I have 6/8 vitality and 4/8 power and then 1/5 slingbow Mastery and the slingbow epic. 2/5 in both kinetic and impulse armor.

It’s a very weird spread of points but it works very well for me. I survive on T7s pretty well as long as a meteor doesn’t land near me. I can usually avoid combat pretty well with my control and innocuous brews. And when I do need to fight my defensive skill points allow me to survive long enough that my damage let’s me take them out. So definitely a weird spread of points but consider mixing and matching to find a balance between stealth, survivability, and damage

Its really just ur preference. I know many with multiple toons and tabs. That part is all up to u. Just remember to give perms at ur place for your alts

Again, thanks for the replies, really appreciated! I do have permissions for my alternative characters at my place but I was wondering - since my main cannot go to exotic planets (no skills to open the portal or portal distance), could an alternative character open it up - switch to main and then explore the exo-planets?
I don’t know if that would work but I suppose I need to fix my “getting defeated” issues first since exo-planets are even higher tier - I assume I’ll find even stronger cuttletrunks.

Regards,

sorry, read it wrong - quick edit now:

possible but you need to have both characters in the same location and switch quickly

warp remains open for like 1 minute

as you level up more it’s better to create a skill page where you have enough warping skills; instead of switching between characters you warp with one skill page and then, when on the exo planet, you switch to the skill page dedicated to exploring and survival out there

1 Like

the main thing with Alts versus Skill pages is the swapping of their inventories and the skills themselves. I find it best to have all crafting pages on 1 character (immediate page changing at your base (where usually all the crafting happens) + you keep the inventory) and have alts for hunting/ exploring and gathering or mining/ shovelling and lumberjacking

My Hunter is All Tank lol my Gatherer, crafter, everyday stuff in just Squishy :cookie: but I normally always have a grapple for a strategic Withdraw :laughing: when you hear them Creatures (^-^)

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions! I have created a proposal skill page, for your review:
https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=Z9VBMSLYZ76PSN7M37KY
Would this help with my issue? I only have 2 skill page resets left (I wasted one by mistake) so I’d like to make sure that the change makes sense.
I took 15 points from Armour and Resistance and distributed it as: 8 towards control, 5 for the Shadow Epic and 2 more for Zeal (didn’t know what to do with only 2)
A second proposal if found below:
https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=ZSQV679JGPF46LUQSHAW
The difference from first proposal is that the 2 points from the Zeal and 1 from Kinetic Armour go towards the “Warp and Portal Distance” which hopefully will allow me to go to exo-planets. Do I need the Portal epic as well for exo-planets or this would suffice?
In the end, which one of these two proposals shall I go for?

Regards,

1 Like

I usually avoid using skill page reset. It is generally better just to use your cleansing points, if you have enough. Especially if many of your points are not being changed.

Correct, you do not need the Portal Epic. Having the Warp Distance at level 3 is indeed what you want.

You can consider removing all the kinetic armor points, since it will not help you much on T6 or exoworlds.

You can also consider:
Durability Drain Epic (if you want to save money on hammers)
Gathering Epic (if you want to gather a lot)
Jump Distance (if you want an easier time exploring)
Grapple Mastery (if you want an easier time exploring)
Energy Epic instead of Health Epic (if you want to mine for longer periods of time)

lots of great advice and I shall just echo with my fav solution
tenor

8 Likes

Thank you once again for the inputs!
Now I have created a 3rd proposal:
https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=EDJX8BB2814HL1EG9748
I added the Durability Drain Epic and reduced Zeal by 1.

In regards to:
Durability Drain Epic (if you want to save money on hammers) - Added
Gathering Epic (if you want to gather a lot) - I made some statistics and Gathering Epic does not add more than few % when you have Luck maxed out - unless the link I have used is wrong.
Jump Distance (if you want an easier time exploring) - skipped
Grapple Mastery (if you want an easier time exploring) - skipped
Energy Epic instead of Health Epic (if you want to mine for longer periods of time) - I have the Energy Regeneration Epic which means that when I pause for one second, all my energy is back at max (1000/s regeneration speed)

Thereby, is the third proposal the winner?

ps. This is what I used to get the statistics for the drops
http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/drops/
I took the percentages with and without Gathering Epic and then compared in BeyondCompare

Regards,

Looks good, I think the main difference in what I use is I would replace health epic with energy epic. I also maxed zeal out so my buffs last longer. You could take a point out of 2 of the environmental protections and only keep one 5/5. Then when a T7 pops you can just use 1 cleanse point to change whichever protection to 5/5 you need. Also my agility isn’t maxed. I think I’m 4/8 so I could put those points in zeal. Thats up to you what you prefer though.

On a gatherer character I prefer the efficiency over survivability because with those points in control and stealth you can avoid every enemy if you pay attention to the warning sounds. You can unlock a second skill set and put all your hunting skills there. You won’t be able to hunt on demand but you can join the community hunts for way more loot than solo anyway.

My miner tab has can open portals its convenient for exos.

My hunter page has no points in health epics maybe a few points in vitality.

You can make 5 skill pages (currently) per character.

On my main character my pages are,

Builder, miner, lumberjack/digger* , hunter and gatherer.

(* digger=shoveling)

First alt Crafter/forger specialization tools but just 1 page. As it all fits in one page.

Second alt 1page
Shop keeper, food crafter, portal. (This one probably won’t get other pages)

Not saying this is how to doe it just how i did.

The only one i made sure to put vitality 8/8 in is ma first alt for the forging. As i am not convinced health does any difference.

Like others have said to get the most out of a skill page its best to dedicate them to your activities.
And all your surface activities like lumbering, digging, gathering you can best focus on being “invisible” for the creatures.

Would like to add my hunt build is focused on protection and dmg with weapons. Not health as I mentioned before don’t feel its helpful. :wink: