Defeated over and over again - advice needed!

Well, on a miner, you’re going to have max damage as well as maxed speed attribute, so blitz tactics work quite well if you can single out enemies. Run in and hit them a couple times with a fist before they can attack, but definitely avoid elemental mobs.

Gotta kill them before they kill you. Try a strength brew!

1 Like

Try 8/8 control and shadow effect, with a good grapple on your scroll wheel. If you happen to agro something you can pull yourself to something far away to escape. Hiding and running is easier than fighting IMO. Plus exploring EXOs I never want creature drops clogging my inventory

1 Like

Hello again - I wish to say that I really appreciate all the inputs! I went on and tried the third candidate skill set proposal. Then I went to Besevrona and I did notice an improvement!
Here are the improvements:

• the Cuttletrunks completely ignore me even if I sit right under them
  • the Spitters still attack if I get too close but they’re easy to run away from
  • I can catch many Roadrunners very easily - lots of Adrenal Glands for me
  • I managed to pick up my Bitter Beans with no stress
  • I was amazed to see I can still survive some hits - even though no more Armour or Resistance

Here are the disadvantages:

• Now I have less health and if I try to fight a creature which takes too many hits, I get defeated. Perhaps I should upgrade from bare diamond sling-bow to a forged one.

Now I can go to Galan for my Shimmering Orbs and hopefully actually manage to get some!

Thanks again for all the inputs.

Regards,

5 Likes

Definitely recommend a good slingbow. I actually try to buy forged lucent ones too because the faster you can kill something the less a chance it has of killing you, so I invest the best money I can into a good strong slingbow and since I don’t fight much they usually last me a while

If in need of shimmering orbs we have a farm on galan for that. Can reach via TNT network.

Also even with best armour, resistance and Max health. You can always die from basically one hit from any T6 elite mobs.

3 Likes

Specifically what mobs kill you the most? You can effectively counter most of them with the right tools.

For cuttles, grapple them and reel them in, attacking them as you do. They will struggle to get away, and frequently won’t even attack while you quickly take them down.
Wildstock can be quickly defeated by simply pillaring up 3 blocks, or trap several in a pit 3 deep.
Hoppers are vulnerable in water, where they are nearly completely immobile. You can stun them and roll them down hill to finish several at once.
Spitters struggle to shoot up hills, and can be defeated easily from high ground, or by luring them into pits.

These tricks won’t always save you against wave of enemies from meteorites, but if you can singe a few out, this will help you!

2 Likes

It is the Cuttletrunks which kill me again and again. I just went to Norkyna to find out the situation is similar with Besevrona before doing my skill change. It is quite hard to get Shimmering Orbs singe Glow Cap Fungus is both hard to find and hard to see in the grass.
I finally got frustrated enough to press Escape -> Quit. Never got so angry on a video game.
I suppose I need to take a small break from playing and upon return, just buy those Shimmering Orbs, seems they sell as low as 10c.

Regards,

Out of curiosity are you using any sort of innocuous brew? I use them in conjunction with a stealth skill page setup for exploring and gathering on Exo’s with great results.

Hi,

I’m not using any brews - would be too much overkill for getting some orbs. I managed to get a lot of Shadow Orbs but not Shimmering - the’re so difficult to find.
I was trying to gather all materials for the Centraforge by myself - but I do see now that I might just need to buy some.

Regards,

For shimmering orbs you can use the safe farms (completely enclosed) that @Ratchel mentioned as well.

The brews are easy to make though, and just add that extra bit of stealth to be ignored by almost everything. The only time I get even slightly bothered is if i get super close to hoppers or spitters on T7s, but even then if i move a bit away while they are starting to get angry they forget about me quickly.

I would use farms but it seems they use Growth, which has a rare drop chance for Shimmering - I thought finding the plants would be easier. I was wrong I suppose.
I might get just one AoE shovel and have fun at the farms. Or buy.

Regards,

Yeah, less of a drop chance, but completely safe and can get significant amount since there is so much growth in the farm area… as opposed to the time spent searching for surface plants.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the feedback. I’ll relax my mind and I’ll try out the farms tomorrow.

Regards,

1 Like

I can farm 1.5-2 SS of shimmering orbs from growth at my farms in 45 mins.

My testing

rainmakers are quick shotguns that can deal massive damage. quickly. if you fire into the sky, it’ll come down like rain!

1 Like

Idk if this was covered. But if u didn’t know u can use em in an atlas to see them or go to boundlessinfo.com and see where most are at

Thanks - nice one! I only knew about:
http://www.pfiffel.com/
https://boundless.gamepedia.com/Boundless_Wiki
mayumi.fi links.

There are a bunch of links/spreadsheets on the forum but many are dead or out of date - it is hard to find the right ones.

Regards,

This one isn’t outta date

Good to know! I will add it to my collection of links (with the “good ones”).

Regards,