Deleting Beacons with the new button fails to award footfall

Noticed this the other day, I deleted 3 beacons with the new button and each time the coin in the beacon was not awarded.

This needs to be fixed to say in the log you collected the footfall also, so players can see they were given the coins prior to deleting all plots.

I assumed the new button removed plots not the beacon itself, everything on these plots are going back to regen beacon included.

So if you forget to remove footfall before removing all plots it’s indeed lost same as everything else on the plots itself.

It makes the beacon “Wild”, and therefore loses any footfall inside it from what I saw.

Yes and I think it should be that way?

Then kindly split the thread and take it to the discussions area. This is in the support category listed as a bug, not a discussion.

I’m trying to tell you that this isn’t a bug.

And I’m telling you I’m not interested in your opinion on the matter. I’m interested in if the devs deem it a bug or unintended part of their design of the system. That’s simply not your choice to make.

I don’t feel I should have to spell it out for you any further. Have a good day.

When deleting a beacon I would expect one of two things to happen with the coin:

1. all coin collected from footfall is dropped as a floating entity and you have to pick it up manually (or with magnetic boon of course)

or

1. all coin from footfall is automatically transferred to the player’s inventory (either the owner or player that clicked the delete button, I’m pretty sure it’s only the owner but with the new guild changes I’m not sure)

So, to me this seems like a bug.

Okay, was trying to help you :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend.

1 Like

This is exactly what I would expect, hence why I have reported it :slight_smile:

To be fair you saying that it is a bug is also an opinion and not a fact…

I, however, kinda agree with you both.
It actually seems to be the correct behaviour so I do not see it as a bug, BUT it could automatically transfer the coins to you or drop them on the ground like with shop stands you destroy.

In short: it’s probably an oversight not a bug, worth mentioning nonetheless.

Also, he was trying to help :wink:

1 Like

As i said, everyone reports bugs on the premise that it was not intended to be the way it is. So all bug reports are an opinion.

But as i said, Its here to raise attention to the Dev’s and ask their opinion not for everyone else in the community to throw in their 2 cents. If it was legitimately understood by the community this is intended thats also different(Eg changed behaviour of a system in a patch), as this isn’t the case it remains to be seen what was intended by the devs.

One can also be a little nicer to other people tho, no need to overreact like you did, but, that’s just my opinion and also way off topic!

Did you lose much coin? (presumably with the footall shenanigans I doubt it, lol)

2 Likes

28880 coins to be exact, not that I care. And I do believe the first time I responded was pretty fair.

I expressed this is a bug report, and if he wanted to discuss it then it should be split into a discussion thread instead of adding off topic replies to a bug thread. I didn’t feel I needed to spell it out to that extent but here I am doing so.

Unnecessarily aggressive IMO.

5 Likes

Im just rather blunt with things, just take it with a pinch of salt it’s nothing personal.

That’s not a bug, it was never specified that it will work as you described.

3 Likes

I think the message that came up when I used this said the coins would be deleted.

I backed out and checked for footfall the first time.

1 Like

The Delete Beacon dialogue says the action will:

• Retrieve all Plots used in this Beacon.
  • Instantly Unfuel the Beacon.
  • Remove any Permissions, Options, Footfall and Prestige associated with the Beacon.

So it’s warning you that permissions, options, footfall and prestige will be lost. Potentially this could be miss read as “removed and retained”, but in this case it means “removed and lost”. “Removed” in contrast to “Retained” plots.

Maybe this text could be clearer so that there are no mistakes.

5 Likes