Design: About the Oort Online gameplay loop

They are going to last forever if you maintain them. Or at least that is what most people have argued for.

2 Likes

So who is going to cry when they do not have access to the internet for a week or vacation for a few months?

Hmmm you know what would be cool? to be able to see the birth of a titan.
not just like " pop there is the titan" but to see the titan emerging from the ground.
perhaps let him spawn underground and see him break through the surface while you are adventuring ( random and X amount of blocks away from beacons ect.

And after he gets to the suface, the ground just fills up the way it used to be.

i think it’s best for titans to spawn randomly in any biome, because if you find the titan biome, it will attract alot of people making the chance smaller that you can kill him.

I want it to be an adventure, where you do not just set a waypoint and take the shortest route. i want to search to explorer different places to kill and survive the creatures on my way. to make a temporary shelter to survive the horror’s of the night ( if night gameplay will make it harder “read mobs more aggressive than during day time”).

hoot hoot! You got me on the hype train :grinning:

2 Likes

you could always tell a friend to maintain your beacon. And seriously who goes on vacation for several months without any kind of internet connection?

1 Like

If they are on vacation for a few moths day have been gone from the for over 60 days if they are going to be gone that long they should probably have asked someone to supply their beacon while they where gone.

1 Like

I am ok with beacons being maintained however I prefer the idea of combining them to make settlements… Anyway if they remove themselves after some time fine but I did not pay for a game to be like Sesame Street where every1 is holding hands and singing… I want some GvG

There was talk about making Guilds able to declare all out war on each other if both parts agreed i don’t think we ever got the devs reaction to it though.

Also you could move into a PvP world if you want some action :slight_smile:

I also feel only private servers and cities should not be PvP… Any1 can build to their hearts content in a mod world… the rest of the game should have no rules
It’s just my opinion but I don’t see how we have worlds that have PvP and worlds that do not… and a two sided agreement for GvG doesn’t sound like fun either, sounds like both sides being bored… there needs to be a reason to war with the other.

If I play with my kids the MMO, they should not fear other players but like to see them. They cannot play as good as grown ups so every guy able to kill my childs characters will have no problem doing that. That’s why PvP must not be on every “open” world, but only on a portion of them (lett it be 50/50). By the way: Rules give order to the chaos - I love order :wink:

2 Likes

I go to play on pvp-servers if I want to play with pvp … in WoW I have two main chars, of which one is on a pvp server and one on pve. Let players choose :wink:

2 Likes

Let me choose better PvP worlds, and PvE worlds, at the start of my character!!!

1 Like

Yes keep them separate… I want to choose from the start

1 Like

But that would split the game up on 2 different Oortspheres

Not really, you can teleport and stay in other worlds, by paying a few oort shards in time.

For example: 1 Shard each 5 min - 10 min

That just seems strange O_o

Wouldn’t it be easier if you just had the two in the same Oortsphere and the people who wants to play it hardcore can play in the PvP worlds?

But that will make pvp worlds unable to hold towns, or anything.
And it will also make that worlds, and the pvp itselft really are and thereford hard

1 Like

ehhh no it wouldnt.

there are going to be multiple worlds for every tier, so maybe 20% or so of the will be pvp based. so you start on a pve world, you can get your basic stuff and make the basic things you need, when you have some oort stone you can just warp to a pvp world. at that point you would atleast have basic gear for survival.

That would happen anyway if you split it into PvP Oortsphere and non-PvP Oortsphere. Also beacons is probably going to work as protection against PvP.

I also dislike the fixed option if a character is made for pve or pvp worlds. let the player chose to what kind of world they want to travel when they build a portal or rift. There should only be ONE Oortiverse! :wink:

3 Likes

Again this will make all builds worthless if they do not function or protect against anything, guardians useless if they are not trying to remove you, and land worthless if there is no reason to build on higher tiers

Every1 will build on tier 1 worlds and titan hunting will get boring quick because you need enough players on at the same time that actually want to play something other than a sandbox all the time.

1 Like