Development news?

I’m getting discouraged not hearing anything about development. One of my very fav games. I haven’t been loggin in alot because of it. See you all in game

7 Likes

Same haven’t heard anything since they announced the change of developers plus still no new weapons they also said they were gonna add

2 Likes

Also the reason I’m not starting up again :slight_smile: I’m waiting for a roadmap and a commitment.

Kind regards,

1 Like

The weapons were an Add the last Devs were working on. No guarantee with new devs,

2 Likes

2023 came and went and there was no news.

It would be quite nice to know when the developement of the game will continue, as there is no estimates of how long anything takes at the moment.

At what stage the project is now?
What is still to be done before Monumental can start working with the actual game?
What was done in 2023?

1 Like

All phenomenal questions that we will likely never get an answer to unfortunately.

3 Likes

I assure you, when they have anything to say to us plebs, it will generate enough noise that you wont miss it. Till that time, no worries. The game’s not exactly going anywhere.

4 Likes

“Not going anywhere” is just another way of saying “going nowhere”. :laughing:

2 Likes

i would check reddit if i was any of you

1 Like

I had gotten used to Boundless Reddit not being updated. Pity.

This was something that Wonderstruck was going to add to the game. Monumental is under no obligation to fulfill something that was promised by another company.

Transparency and engagement with the players would sure be nice.

1 Like

Are they sure that it’s not the English company, also called Monumental, that those layoffs are relating to? I could only find an article about a Nottingham based company that has layed off staff after a deal fell through.

1 Like

This is not the same Monumental group I believe. The one that had layoffs is a Nottingham-based, Football Superstars-creating dev studio. False alarm here folks.

2 Likes

I give them kudos for trying if so👏
I dont really care

Seems this is the Monumental in Austin. The guy even mentions consulting on Boundless.

Kind regards,

2 Likes

I can’t edit my own previous message, but just wanted to add that, even though they do have lay-offs, it doesn’t mean they are bankrupt. Seems the game generates income so there would be no reason to shut it down.
But it also means there may be little to no focus on development.

Kind regards,

2 Likes

I’m perplexed by their inability to communicate about postponing the transfer or development if this was the case. Most players would likely be understanding, but any form of communication from them would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

The news about lay offs at Monumental can be worrying enough, at least on surface, and also when put together with general lack of communication around status of Boundless transfer.
However, what looks really bad when examined superficially, can look different when inspected a bit closer.

So, after a closer look and analysing available info, I would like to point out that, when you look closer at the news, it’s easy to see that layoffs are around Crawfall and Boundless connected staff.
In the first case - we talk about the game that they want to re-develop and thus the servers are not ran at the moment (as far as I remember they want to find a different game-play style, that is not based on season model).
In the second case, we talk about the game that they didn’t start to develop yet, and didn’t start to create the actual dev team for either. So, when you see that someone helping with Boundless was let go, it actually means little to nothing (as the only responsibility around Boundless could at this stage mean only helping with transfer paper work and such).

All in all, lay offs seem to be connected with trimming the part of the team that needs to be trimmed, so they don’t keep staff that has little or nothing to do at this time. I imagine Monumental has only a handful of long-term staff and a lot short-term crew, which size can be adjusted, depending on needs.

I am not saying things look great and that I am not somewhat unsatisfied with the entire process of transferring Boundless and communicating with player base here. I cannot be sure that Monumental aren’t in some sort of restructuring process…
but I can’t really say for sure there is any proof of real trouble at the company and around Boundless.

We just don’t really know at the moment.
What I see though, is that (as often before), people like to jump to negative conclusions a bit too fast.

4 Likes

Oh boy! Man, just open source the game already then. Give the IP to the community and let us run with it. I would personally contribute towards the repo.

10 Likes