Devlogs

Truth be told I don’t really know what devs are working on or what is considered. Yes, a lot of stuff is told by developers on forums in different posts but it is quite hard to get cohesive.pictures out of it.

I do remember how well Factorio and Rimworld handled this stuff and truth be told for me this was and is best way to communicate. Especially nice were Factorio Friday facts.

While I know it is quite a lot of work this was always staple of transparent development.
I have seen that boundless teams did those in the past and really don’t understand why it was abandoned.

4 Likes

No other game handles updates like Rimworld and Factorio, those devs are amazing

Devlogs weren’t abandoned as such, the team spent most of July and August focusing on passing Sony submission and getting the game ready for release, so everyone had their heads down and were working to hit the dates.

We’ve just released the game, so naturally there’s going to be a couple of weeks where everyone is working hard on bug fixes, rather than upcoming features.

We’re now at a stage where we’re getting to work on “polishing” the post release plan, with both significant game updates and much more community content (similar to devlogs, but ideally much more than that). So you can expect to see more from us in the coming weeks, to let everyone know what we’re working on and what’s coming up.

I’ve not actually played Factorio or Rimworld, but I’ll certainly check out what they’re doing and see if we can incorporate some of that into our communication too :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Ever? I mean, ever?

I guess that’s a Good Thing. Means you have waking hours to work on Boundless.

5 Likes

I have enjoyed playing Rimworld and Factorio

Probably Rimworld a little more, Both are good games. .

If you value your sleep avoid playing Rimworld and Factorio :slight_smile:

Although I’ve been losing major hours of sleep due to Boundless now too. I’m sure work loves me.

1 Like

it’s true rim world will steal your life away! … just like boundless.

prob a good thing i have never played it then :stuck_out_tongue: (already have far too many to get to thanks!)

1 Like

Good idea. We miss devlogs so much.
However, as you can see it actually was in #devlog