DEVS a Question about rental planets

developers I have a question regarding rental planets I’ve never seen anyone ask before…

will there be an opportunity for the new owner of a rental planet to have a particular amount of time in creative mode with the explicit opportunity actually designed the planet topographically wise. Obviously the caveat would be that the know unnatural blocks could be throw it in the world and there would be restrictions on some of those as well I imagine. The intention would be to allow the person to literally design the planet if they wanted a biome to be a forest full of trees like in Endor they can have it and perhaps in the next zone and they would like to have Lava Lakes and on the following Zone they want a desert with nothing but sand. perhaps in the next Zone there could be a plateau where the elevation would be a flat 220 with caves underneath of that were incredibly massive. The general idea would be is it will allow the player to design their world…

1 Like

I don’t think for private/rental, but probably for creative. Otherwise every planet will have 3 deep growth, and the perfect silty/sand farm etc… too easily exploitable.

2 Likes

maybe just the option to use custom coastline and height map, (from bitmaps, should be easy enough) and a pick from existing biomes and prefabs (trees, rocks) all with default resource spawn.
could be a compromise between total customization and making the planet eligible for Live Universe

2 Likes

I could be 100% wrong, but I don’t think public rental planets will allow for that much customization. If you want to do all of that, you’ll probably need to use creative mode.

I also assume whatever type you purchase, won’t able to be switched into a different mode.

Again, I could be totally wrong. Dunno. More juicy details from the devs would be awesome.

I am not entirely clear on why this is exploitable. If some one can use regen bombs on growth to continuously harvest it, then why does it make a difference if a planet is covered in it?

cuase ya dont need spend coin on regen bombs :slight_smile:
and you can ban people from mining it i guess

2 Likes

Then you can make that argument about any resources on a planet. If I rent a gem planet, I can mine without anyone interfering or plotting so is that exploiting?

Players do not have to use a farm they can just gather and move instead of using regen bombs. There are areas where you can gather sand and various types of dirt for an hour without using a regen bombs. So I am not sure where the real difference is. I also think if they get to limiting to much about what the rental planets can be like, then they will substantially reduce player demand.

1 Like

for me it doesnt mather the resources i just hope they look like exo’s and not like the planets we live on now :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

i think the service works just like g-portal ones

I agree. I do hope we have a lot more options than the boring repetitive non exo planets we have now. We need ways to make the universe more diverse and exciting and maybe worth exploring again.

2 Likes

i also hope they are nearby current planets and not some insane distance away so we people dont abandoned them completly and they still can be usefull and serve as gateways
like me on nia it allready feels like a outskirt off the universe and half the people dont ever need go there i thinkz

I am hoping you get to place your planet in the universe so if someone wants to keep a base in the live universe they do not have to fork out tons of Oort to get to their rental.

1 Like

James said he’ll sell me a planet with black gleam for $500 a month

5 Likes

yeah that would screw up the current universe if it was all far away it would just shift everybody to there

I think the real risk is if all the rentals were grouped together on the edge of the universe, then you increase the chances that players won’t even try to stay connected to the public universe. They will just stay in the rental portion.

1 Like

dude if I could choose all the colors I’d heavily consider $500

2 Likes

I’ll let you have access to BlackGleamLand for a mere $100 a month

1 Like

SET UP A PATREON lmao

2 Likes

I doubt custom heightmaps would be allowed, primarily because it is based on a 3d voxel map and a heightmap would be complicated to add into the existing generation techniques.

But I do think choosing the biome will be a thing based on the screens the devs have shown us. I also think being able to ‘re-roll’ the terrain generation could be something they’d include.

1 Like

ye, BL worldgen is more complex than that of Minecraft where custom height maps are a thing…
but even with just coastline + biomes a lot of interesting stuff could be done

1 Like