Diamond and Emerald Slingbows

The only difference is that Emerald one has 0% crit chance, and Diamond one has 20% crit chance. Is this intended? Or maybe I am blind and there is some other differences? Or is the debuff they cause? And it’s simply missing from tooltip?

I don’t know if they kept it, but one of the last changes to gem slingbow in EA was that emerald slingbow would give poisoning status to things it hit. Can someone with an emerald bow confirm?

1 Like

I believe that is correct. Ruby with the burn, sapphire with the slow, emerald with the poison. Topaz and amethyst I’m not 100% sure about however

Topaz hits with shock damage. They don’t cause debuffs to enemies however.
Edit: diamond hits with blast, @JakeTheHit sapphire should be chill damage, amethyst should be corrosion, and emerald toxic.

Thank you for clarifying, I’m not much of a high end hunter myself

Yeah it’s jsut damage type difference, they don’t have debuff anymore. you can get the debuff via forging now on any slings.

And you do higher with the right type of elemental damage. Example if you have a Ruby (burn) slings, you will do more dmg to Chill mobs

Ok, so why does one have 20% less critical chance, than the other, when otherwise they do not differ, and material cost is the same? Actually I think overall diamonds are easier to get, and yet it’s emerald without the crit chance…

might be an overlook idk

I’ll have to look, but I think topaz and amethyst(swift) are in a similar situation, as well as sapphire and ruby(balanced)

I added them rest for comparison. I really don’t understand where does the inconsistencies come from. @james Can you shed some light?

Sapphire has +1m of range and no crit chance compared to the ruby. The swift bows are the same… :sweat_smile:

Differences do not make sense to me. I just wanna know if I am alone… maybe there is something obvious behind this, and I’m the idiot not seeing it? :sweat:

No I’m with you on that one, the difference in stats (within category) makes no sense at the moment.

I’m just as confused, and i also wonder why the Element tab is blank on our elemental weapons.

1 Like

The difference used to be a small separation for the different gems. If you think of them as mini-tiers, it makes more sense

Me and a friend noticed this on tools… its seems the best bang for your buck right now is iron, titanium, and diamond anything everything else has a huge dmg loss or goes real fast… what about heavy hitters… like one shot boom… high dmg low speed… or a real balanced tool…

The best thing to do is bring slingbows that are strong against the types of enemy on a specific planet, as the elementap creatures have a high resistance to native elemental damage, such as blasting creatures are highly resistant to blast and burn damage