Diamonds altitude?

What is your best suggestion on the altitude On diamonds I used a alts before I find it hard to understand I just wanna know what is best altitude?

anywhere 0-20

Make sure you take an atlas and put a diamond on it to help you find the hotspots. Otherwise you may be digging in an area with no diamonds and waste your hammer.

2 Likes

Like the good old days when the atlas didn’t work on ps4. Lol

It worked really well if you had not explored and discovered a region.

I don’t remember it ever working properly. Btw I still have yet to map an entire planet. Way over 1k hours in by now too. Lol

I don’t find the atlases to be very helpful, they can give a idea, but unless the planet has been fully mapped it can be hard to find the items and even then there is no guarantee you will find it where it says it is.

Guess that depends on the thing your looking for. Since I have never used an atlas for anything but ore and gems I don’t know what it looks like for the others. But for ore n gems having no atlas would be a waste. Obviously with gems you’d have to be in the correct altitude range

2 Likes

I use atlases to find gems, glow caps, etc. I find it very helpful to find the dense, white-hot spots. Before I started completing my own, I would buy completed atlases from the atlas shop. I don’t know if it matters what platform you are on…I’m on PC. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The fog was reversed. The discovered zones were fogged over and the undiscovered zones were clear, which allowed you to find resources at the edge of regions until you accidently discovered them.

I know that. Hence my I don’t have a discovered planet. It wasnt until recently that I even got up to 20 regions on one planet lol.

I actually just made it past 20 and that is only because I stumbled upon a portal project on Trior that chained the region discovery points. Unfortunately, it was unfinished.

If you haven’t got a spare diamond to put in an atlas then a piece if hard coal will get you pretty close too, once you’re over the hotspot it’s all about finding the right level. If you only have a normal hammer then this can be quite a slow process so if you can invest in a decent 3x3 hammer with a persisting pie and fast brew you’ll be flying… just be careful of the lava pockets.

Also worth using a chisel to get down to the right altitude so you don’t waste your hammer

1 Like

I find them 4 - 30 at my spot