Different coloured grass and trees in different biomes

you read the title i would want diffrent coloured trees and grass in different biomes if all have same colour it isent realy a diffrent biome it have just mountians and a another is plain i want some varierity

they already said they would prefer to not do that ^[1]
Not sure about Biomes specific colours. The engine is currently setup for world specific colours. Feels like it could be quite a bit of effort without a huge win
[/quote]

1. quote=“james, post:8, topic:958” ↩︎

4 Likes

Hmm what about setting up the possibility to darken and lighten the used corlors withen certain limits?

So make the grass slightly lighter and darker allowing some difference between biomes without leaving the corlor theme. I am not sure how easy that would be to set up within the engine though.

1 Like

And if that is not feasible you can always put a different wood block for the trees for example (right?^^) to create some variety.

1 Like

There was mention of there being additional trees at a later time…

… so maybe some of these would be made biome specific.

1 Like

The main question here is what variation do we want per biome and per world. At the moment block colours vary per world. With the ambition to encourage players to explore different worlds to gather the block colours they want. Varying block colour per biome would obviously create more diverse biomes, but then what would be special about discovering a new world?

3 Likes

Which is you make it filter that is applied when said color is placed/genrated withing a certain biome. instead of changing to a brand new corlro you make the biome itself darken or brighten it slightly.

1 Like

I believe a unique biome could be recognizable by its plants and wildlife. I agree to the point that varying biomes by only altering its colors, for ex. color of sand, would be very confusing.
Maybe there should be distinguishable features of each biome, that are typical, recognizable and relateable. For ex. Jungle: Plays tune of jungle birds and parrots.
Desert: Music becomes slow and supressing.
Maybe a world could be defined by the type of gleam and races to be found there.
A biome however, by the types of animals, plants and elements.

1 Like

but @james i se a flaw there what about i been in that world 30 minutes and i know i will only find this kinda biomes but maybe more mountians and maybe a dessert it would be more fun knowing or having this feeling just wow in every world every biome

Personally I’m a big fan of the constrained number of foliage colors:

• Each world will be more recognizable, especially if the palette used is relatively unique per world
  • It encourages world authors to focus on making their biomes more physically unique (not just recolors of other biomes)
  • When players bring colors from other worlds, it is more striking (also also likely a good status symbol: “look at my rainbow house, I must have traveled to a bazillion worlds to make it”)
3 Likes

The current worlds are not great examples of the worlds we’re planning for 1.0. We plan to have a greater (and more obvious) biome variation per world.

The current worlds + biomes are limited by the relatively limited set of blocks. We have a wide range of blocks coming that will allow for variation. Changing colours is a short cut today to achieve variation.

2 Likes

well it is just to wait and see wait and see

Both excited and dreading the day the new blocks come into play! Looking forward to exploring all the new building & crafting possibilities but not looking forward to entering them all into the crafting site db! :astonished:

3 Likes