Disable bombs inside beacons :(

Hmm have I just not noticed that it doesn’t work? I’ll check it out again

1 Like

I believe that only works if you’re on an alt that doesn’t own the beacon.

If you own the beacon you get perms from that, regardless of guild perms and guild control.

I take it all back, tested in on a new beacon and it doesn’t work D: I must’ve been in the wrong farm when I tested it or something.

3 Likes

What would be the downside of disabling bombs inside a beacon? Are there any valid use-cases for when it’s really handy to be able to regen bomb inside a beacon?

You can’t regen inside a beacon.

But you can obliterate your base with a blink nuke for example and I don’t think there is any reasonable reason for that lol.

2 Likes

You mean overall disabling? None really tbh. I guess you might plot a large area and want to clear it out with bombs after it’s already plotted. Or if you want to destroy part of your large base because it’s not possible to isolate an area to reclaim it.

Personally I think bombs either shouldn’t damage or shouldn’t destroy crafted blocks (diff fix).

And they probably shouldn’t be able to destroy storages at all.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can destroy storages now when they are full or do bombs override this??

Ah right, so just damage.

Yeah i can’t think of a valid use-case where you’d want to bomb your own base. All in favour of disabling all bombs (except healing) within a beacon.

1 Like

Well @james we concluded that bomb damage should be blocked within beacons. And we did it without trying to murder each other so we deserve this right? We were good citizens :pray:

I hit a storage box with an axe to test it and it lost health, it wasnt full and I didn’t actually break it but was curious if we could, since it lost hp I just assumed it can be broken

Yes when they are empty you can damage them. But when they have items inside you get a warning and it doesn’t breaks.

Not sure if boombs override this

1 Like

Another solution. Don’t have bombs in your hand when in your beacon? This is very similar to don’t run with scissors or walk into the street without looking both ways. Bomb damage inside beacons is good for clearing plots to build stuff. Just you know, don’t run with scissors.

1 Like

You can clear the spot while unprotected and then plot it…

You can also run with scissors…

Yeah I wasnt thinking thinking properly yesterday lol I forgot you would need at least one item in each box for it too not take damage, duh :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But for real who would be bombing near or below it’s base?
You can easily destroy the entire thing, saying that it’s useful inside beacons makes no sense at all if the beacon has a building already inside.

1 Like

I have bombed under my base to clear an area for building underground. I have bombed near my base, in a plotted area to dig down for an expansion, then fine tuned it with a hammer. I have attempted to use bombs to clear trees that were plotted but in the way of my build. I would like sticky bombs for this.

2 Likes

Like Ratchel proposed, having the ability to restrict your own ability to damage your own beacons seems like it would solve the issue.

1 Like

The only real use for bombs at home is clearing big areas. But generally that would be done before you plot it, unless you like digging a lot of tunnels, and then you might as well just keep digging

I disagree, since you need to plot an area to prevent others from taking it, you very well may have plotted it before you clear it. Also, as I may or may not have time to complete the clearing in one session, I would hate to partially clear an area and then have it regen before I was done.