Disappointment and missed opportunity

I can’t tell you how disappointed I am that I cannot build a portal in the shape of an SG1 Stargate.

This should have been a top priority.
Would have single handedly saved the game from all and any population decline.

Thank you

10 Likes

Well, I don’t watch Stargate, but if you are talking about curves in general, I do wish we had them. I know voxels can MAKE them, as we could do them in Landmark (a voxel game that imploded several years ago), but I don’t think we have the voxel ‘control’ that we’d need to have.

2 Likes

work-arounds is all we can do

you need a regular square shape of portal though and go for large size to get remotely satisfying shape

this is 5x5 portal and it’s half-decent; would need larger to be happy enough with the frame shape:

and open:

9 Likes

Hey that’s a great idea! I read somewhere the bigger the portal the more they cost. Is that true?

@Mystfit, yeah it was more I wanted to run a big portal. It doesn’t have to be rounded exactly in shape.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

3 Likes

That is correct !

3 Likes

i saw cool SG shaped portal at Bones area, BASTION, Bastion Concrete portal at TNT MegaHub

4 Likes

I have one created on my base at Gyosha through TNT planet portal. We you go through the portal our Stargate transitions you to the biodome. We created a Dome on gyosha which is a lush green enclosed area.

DHD to the left of the platform and even have a puddle jumper to the right!

Also have this outside our Dome. Daedalus!

Didn’t have much of time to take decent shots, if you wish to see hope you enjoy.

I’m a major Stargate fan from the 1994 along with SG1/SGA and SGU. Never gave orgins a watch unfortunately. Waiting to see the announcement coming in July :crossed_fingers:.

12 Likes

Jaffa, Kree!

Love the puddle jumper!

If you’re looking for a rewatch, Prime has most of the series’ available through their service currently, even a couple of the direct to dvd movies Ark of Truth and Origins Catherine.

I’m cautious about all reboots these days.

4 Likes

LOL I’m doing my first watch through of all this right now. I mean, it’s open in another window.

I’m in season 3 of Atlantis after watching all of SG1 (loved the movie never watched any TV of it) in the last few weeks.

There’s a lot of this!

4 Likes

Oh yeah
SG Movie
10 seasons of SG-1
5 seasons of SG-Atlantis
Ark of Truth Movie
Continuum Movie
1 Season of Stargate Universe
SG Origins (10 mini eps)
SG Origins: Catherine - Movie

4 Likes

It would most likely be my 20th rewatch of shows and movies.

I really really wish Stargate Worlds would have worked out, imagine Stargate mmorpg. It looked amazing!

https://www.gateworld.net/video-games/stargate-worlds/

2 Likes

I liked SGU. I wish it would have taken off, it could have been a great arc finding out who made the gates (aka meeting them if they still existed).

4 Likes

Was a nice one at Dragonslair Pegasus District. Had water with the portal hidden in the middle. Not sure if she has a pick of it or not as she moved it to another area of the city. I haven’t went to look at it in its new location. Puddle jumpers there as well.

5 Likes

Here are a few screens from my StarGate to [Therka] …
… closed of course :thinking: :boundless:

7 Likes

Dragons Lair Pegasus Faction 1st Stargate
Puddle Jumper as well.

Since as been moved to the other side of the Dragons lair City on Maryx Second Stargate is not as good but works. I wish i could have figure the water going over the portal like before but i didn’t do that on my own i had help from my Dragons Guild friends, But I have a whole mountain complex we have it Called Cheyenne Mountain.

We still have a Puddle Jumper and a Wraith Dart.

The Wraith Dart I was talking about

Feel free to Come and Look around My Spot on Maryx.

10 Likes

You guys (and girls) are amazing.
The answer clearly seems to be. Get more creative :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes