DKPoll: Plots on sovereign worlds

I will still get a rental planet and buy cubits and buy plots for it on the public planet. So nothing would be unfair.

2 Likes

And of course you are entitled to your opinion no matter what.

they can compete by renting a planet. It is not like they are in limited supply. It is my understanding everyone that wants one (or more than one) can have it.

First this assumes that players will not also build in the public universe which I am not sure is a valid statement. I know I ashed my builds but since apparently where a rental is placed is random and I would want a build on a planet near it, there is no point in building anything until I decide when I am getting a rental and where it will be in the universe. I had always planned to have builds in both universe, so I still need cubits for plots.

2 Likes

true i also forgot noobs spawn on public worlds the rented worlds are option later on for them

@Kal-El sounds good
if i hear someone gets something i cant get unless pay extra for it i get triggered
then 10minutes later i realize people can buy plots extra anyways
and i have a nice backer bonus others dont get and im making fuzz for nothing lol
just if unlimited plots is a thing i hope they charge a pretty penny for it :smiley:
cuase they def stopping renters from buying qbits for plots if they would have bought them

2 Likes

is this a thing i thought you can select to wich public world they are close did james not mention that in his info?

Yeah, unfortunately I think he did say it was random placement. I think it was on the dev thread and someone mentioned Storis as their planet.

1 Like

i assumed when he said assigned the renter was assigning it

No it is in the region you want but attached to a random planet that is closest to the same tier. I am not happy with this. I would want it near my home planet.

yeah let the people choose where it is linked to
imagine having a stellar city on public and they assign ya rental to other side off universe thats just unnecesary

heres other idea for ya what if they give you block plots so you can mark where you dont want people building randomly to avoid people that just start building on spots cuase they think is no probs
then you need stop them halfway there build
and all sorts off issue
would be nice pre prevention off that situation

If you have unlimited plots you can use those. to block off areas.

2 Likes

That’s one of the reasons it seemed more logical for a renter to own their entire planet by default, then they could give permissions for specific players to plot areas, regions, etc. (It works this way in some other games with zero issues)

1 Like

Sorry if this has already been raised as a concern with the idea of unlimited/free plots on a rental planet…

But doesn’t this just mean that in order for a player to make plots irrelevant he/she simply needs to rent a world?

And a player who chooses not to rent a world will need to either befriend (and give complete trust into the hands of) someone paying real money for a rental to build there… or alternatively they just earn plots the way we are doing so currently?

Seems fair to both players in my book… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

… I truly am sorry if I have missed some mechanism suggested to make this system fair across the board to all players regardless of whether they pay money or not. Please correct me if so.

I understand that plots/cubits can be purchased with real cash. But how much would it cost to purchase enough plots to cover an entire planet from mantle to 255? Because personally I would not want that cost some added into to my recurring rental price…?

And alternatively… the alternative to a rental planet with all plots given for the all inclusive rental fee is the option to instead buy an equal number of cubits/plots for an equivalent once off price?

Well currently I do not have to level to get plots now. I buy cubits for real money and convert those to plots. So the system already allows you to exchange money for plots. Edited. - you added something about this after I posted sorry.

But lets discuss fair. Is it fair for a player to pay money to get plots? If the answer is no, because some players do not have the money to buy plots or rent a planet, then is it fair that some players can spend 8 hours a day playing and since some players have fulltime jobs and other real life issues that do not allow them to play 8 hours a day? Those players are using an advantage they have (available time) to get ahead of players that do not have the time. So should we limit all players to no more than 10 hours a week in game?

5 Likes

Well no that’s not fair to me when some weeks I get no time at all to play and others I get 30. Will any unused hours of this maximum 10 hours a week be added to the next week?

How is the number of hours a person can put in to a game relevant? … I’m sorry, your not wrong about anything you’ve said. But frankly its irrelevant and it’s going to differ from player to player, how many hours a day a player puts in is their choice. If they chose to spend that time earning cubits, that’s their choice. If they chose to instead spend very little time in game but instead purchase cubits… again they have that choice. The one I truly feel sorry for is the one that has little time to play and who has no interest in spending any more money on this game beyond the initial purchase price.

Edit/addition incoming.

What I want to understand is what exactly is being proposed? Because some players may have spent an awful lot of money buying plots in this game already. Might some of them not feel cheated now that there is absolutely no reason at all to buy cubits?

2 Likes

First, I do not think Boundless should limit how many hours a player can play. That just does not work for a game like this.

But the relevancy is that if anyone can rent a planet then everyone has the same opportunity to have a planet with unlimited plots for the renter. So its not unfair. Everyone can buy plots, via cubit purchases so that is not unfair. Everyone can play 100 hours a week so that is not unfair. The limits are not Boundless limits. Having the money or the time is not a game driven issue it is a real life issue. So as long as the game makes the same opportunities available for all players, then I would argue it is not unfair for anyone. It is not unfair for a renter to have unlimited plots. It is not unfair for a player to level 100 times a week because they played enough to do it

4 Likes

what i miss in the poll is the option too have the same amount of plots as in the live universe additionally free for the sovereign world

so i can keep my 12k plots in live and can still start my project with 12k on my own world

2 Likes

The permanent planets will essentially become the F2P (aside from the initial game cost) area. This is usually the most active space in MMOs.

People that rent planets (that don’t want private planets) will still connect up with the public space, will still go there for events & to meet up with other players, find new players, etc.

Since it appears there’s a possibility that rental planet “plots” can be a separate thing from F2P public planet plots, then it seems logical that the entire space you rent, belongs to you - by default, with no added cost. Essentially it wouldn’t be “plots”…just the entire rental planet “space” that you paid for. So there wouldn’t really be anything additional that could be exploited and used in the F2P area. There wouldn’t be any cubits or plots added to your inventory.

If it is easier or faster to add “sovereign planet plots” that are separate from the F2P, that belong to the account holder only, that would be fine too.

The plots would only be on the rental planet and only for the renter. As someone that has bought plots, I would not feel cheated, but that is me and I am sure there are players that might feel differently. Since I do not plan on having everything be on a rental, I still need those plots.

1 Like

Well the biggest issue I have with this is that there is a base level of explosion around plots if people playing on Private Worlds are able to then use the XP they get while playing and can go buy more plots and put them on Public Worlds. Basically filling up the public worlds more because they aren’t having to use those Cubits to purchase plots for their Private world.

So while I understand the “I paid for the world so I own it all” context people have that doesn’t discount the plot advantage they will get on public worlds. In other words – no cost/reward situation that we playing exclusively on public worlds have.

Until I see how that is going to be balanced by the Devs I don’t see the reason for a whole new plot design unless there is some good cost behind it or something that works for all.

I pretty sure someone brought this up already but wanted to throw it out again because I believe it was a long post.

Person rents planet gets unlimited plots. Person invite 5/10/20 friends to live there. All those people would basically also have unlimited plots if renter allows them to build on their plots.

2 Likes

By that logic anyone that accesses a rental that they don’t own, should have to pay a fee to the owner.

No plots will be added to their inventory unless they do actions to get XP - which can be done anywhere.
(And also by that logic, anyone that “played” on the popular Hytale Minecraft server, owns it too.)

1 Like