Do people really not stick around?

Sorta; if you like scrying through taboo topics to try and make sense of what people are getting at before the “drama” dread shuts it down. If I hadn’t lived in a city that took a beating I’d think yall were curmudgeons playing wierd games of hearts or who knows what. I mean this kindly, the humor is because no I don’t think the Why comes through, just the sense that something gnarly and blurry exists out there that irks the leavers.

3 Likes

Wow, took me ages to get there! Well to iron was fast enough, but titanium, I could barely find it! Didn’t have much protection, could only go to Serp for Titanium and diamonds and it was soooooooo slow going…

Finally had enough diamonds to craft 5 normal workbench coils.

Ughh, I remember mining with an iron chisel, remove half slab on right block, then on the left and walk thru, was faster than using a hammer since the chisel had the same speed no matter what block and also hit it in 1.

Anyway, since it was still slow going I then bought a mighty expensive 3x3 hammer (around 30k) but did not have the right skills so it was a massive waste of coin and thought to myself “not sure why everyone likes these things!”

A bit after that I managed to scrounge more coin together, gosh I was poor!, and bought 3 advanced workbench power coils for 8k a pop. Then the servers went down and the bomb mining nerf came into effect. I was lucky! Then crafter another normal coil and finally had 1500 power on my workbench!

Then I started a shop, Noms 'n More, then went open air in front of my little cute Noms building and started buying and selling more items, mostly gems and ores. Used prices that were the best at that moment for both buying and selling.
Within a bit more than a week I had enough gems to coil all my machines!

Then I started a market and the rest is history…

6 Likes

What’s your fave site for blueprints that can be used with Boundless? Planet Minecraft I can’t figure out how to make use of, grabcraft has been interesting for figuring out how an idea for a piece of a build translates to blocks. I think I’m just hitting the gotta-knuckle-down-and-practice-building wall :smiley:

3 Likes

I use several MC sites as inspiration, haven’t done a 1 to 1 copy yet since it would be a waste of what Boundless is capable of with the chiseling and all. I also use Lego sites as inspiration! There you can also find building plans and such for modular buildings that fit into those really nice looking builds that Lego sells themselves (you can make an entire city out of them).

I also downloaded some pre-made maps for MC to walk around in, have one very impressive city map, must have taken ages to build. It looks fantastic, from afar, but when you come closer I want to chisel the lot…

5 Likes

I love to chisel :slight_smile: I think I just have to grid through a few blueprints and reworking the completed build might give me the sense of how to render this or that element like a toolkit of design elements – something like that. I’ll get there, dangit.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Boundless has a pretty big “Love it or Leave It” curve. Either ppl go all-in, many chars to lvl 50, or they drop off early never getting 1 char max lvl

6 Likes

I Joined June 5th of 2019 (day grandma passed). It was a nice escape. Never played a building game before. Thought MC looked stupid. Boundless had been on my steam wishlist for at least a year. Got it on sale 33% off and haven’t looked back.
First day in, was in the game for 2 hours, when a passing person invited me to join RINO Neighborhood. Got a place in their small community and then they took me on a raid of nearby expired beacon.
It’s been fun ever since!

11 Likes

i make my own blueprints

im at 3000 hours have 7 caracters and barely one level 40 lol

Pretty sure they said before free weekend people aren’t in the statistic but EA people are

If you don’t buy the game achievements aren’t tracked

How is this even possible? I’ve been playing less than a week and I have a 50+ [54] and a level 23 crafting alt.

2 Likes

Some players fill out each character before moving on to the next one.
Some start creating new ones before they’ve completed the others.

I do method #1 with skill pages. I have 3.75 completed. I don’t think I have any alts that have reached level 50 yet though.

1 Like

I mean, it’s a game, so that’s fair. Do whatever makes you happy, yeah? I do think you and I have similar mindsets though. I have the crafting alt just so I don’t have to spend the points for crafting on my “main.” I do hope to only have the one character to worry about, though… with few exceptions. I’ll probably have a dedicated shop-owner for the tax epic, but other than that I’d rather have skill pages than alts. Just need to get the points. Fortunately, after 50 you get 4SP instead of 2 every “level.”

2020-05-03%2012_12_11-Steam

2 Likes

Yes, it basically just comes down to preference. I started out with a do-it-all character before I started changing it up and creating skill pages to specialize. I’ve decided that I prefer skill pages over alts, but some players don’t. I don’t like creating and maintaining new characters lol.

2 Likes

If nothing else, I get really annoyed with the 10-ish second delay before I can load the alt. Just easy IMHO to switch skill pages - though I wish you could rename the pages.

1 Like

A lot of us would like to be able to name our pages :+1: There have been a few times that I quickly switched to the wrong page on an Exo and had to wander around for 15 minutes until I could change it again lol.

I think it would be helpful to add a small description string to the list of alts we have too, that we can see in the menu before switching.

4 Likes

I second this!

You dont really know Moebius… but hes somewhat old fart (some call The OG).

If you go to youtube and watch some vids about early access “Moebius plaza” and Aquatopia.

Hes the one who spends hes time building and planning… and everyone just gather him stuff that he uses.

Basically a really nice guy with lots of patience

3 Likes

asked for this several times in my old house i dedicated a room for this each caracter had his little display case to log out in and on top it said what they do and i added some basic tools they need

1 Like