Do Sovereigns add RNG p2w to boundless?

Just to add, I can also see the positives in a good RNG emerald world. More supply, lower price (not a bad thing imo)

In general I would say it had pretty much removed color scarcity. But I don’t really see a good way to exploit it.

If some amazing color pops and it’s not accessible, anyone can buy a planet and make that color public within a few hours

1 Like

I’m waiting a while to see if we’re going to see/need publicly voted color farming worlds. It occurs to me that I could manually do that exo color shrine idea I posted a while back. Just use donation baskets and manually determine the average color donated.

1 Like

The thing that makes me most sad about this update… I’m hardly even excited for the new exos that pop up now :frowning: i hope all the anti-color-rarity people are satisfied now because they’re getting tons of new colors, while those of us who want rarity now have nothing rare to look forward to except for some liquid and goo…

Yeah i think hes mostly talking aobut resources and not color here, i see what he means. Some planet can have really good density compared to an other one.

Yeah they kind of need to implement some rarity suggestions to keep exos relevant
Also maybe reduce the warp costs

3 Likes

I suppose it depends on your point of view about what exactly you think p2w really means (and given bit’s I’ve read here on the forum, that could be damned near anything).

For me, p2w means paying to get something that other people cannot also get if they chose to invest their time instead of their money. Because they could get more gems with more time I’d say no, definitely not p2w.

1 Like

It’s vaguely hypothetically p2w. If someone somehow got black gleam and kept their planet locked. But I’m sure within 10 minutes someone would make a public one.

I am mainly referring to the ability (with RNG help) to get a planet of your own, that has significantly more of a resource e.g. diamond than a person without a sovereign could access in a nutshell

As per the last reply, the colours aren’t an issue because everyone immediately gets them, however there’s 1 person with a diamond sovereign world that has 1.5% diamond and i have been to another with pretty much endless mould. This planet allows about 15k green orbs an hour. Nobody else could get near to that.

Thats why I think this pushes things slightly towards p2w

Edit:

As these stand they are the exception caused by RNG, however if everyone only keeps those RNG wins and keeps them private it can significantly improve those peoples ability to gain coin

Percentage isn’t necessarily as important as concentration but yeah same concerns apply. Same for mould.

Are those two planets public?

Yea. The sapphire one is mine

c’mon… first we cry about how we dont have all the colors and are not happy
then we cry about how we are getting the new color…

holy moly WICH one is it?!

11 Likes

but other people with cash can get them to so no problem here :smile:
i dont see huge problem but im not the one to say ive been here to long to worry about items

I’ve always been okay with not having all the colors. I think the colors coming over multiple years of this games life cycle made it exciting. For me it’s “this will ruin the rarity market until they add more rare items”

people forget that money doenst get you anything special after a certain amount

im really curious how they are going to replace this rarity thing… cause it always was the colors…
now not so much. there has to be some new stuff on horizont.

luckily i have still 1 glyph block that i snagged from james while back.

well at least how the rumour goes… hehe.

legendary.

I hope they come up with something soon. I’m disappointed that so many new colors came so incredibly quick, and if someone wants a specific gleam color they can just buy a world with gleam spheres on it and get an inventory full of it in 30 minutes. And then once a month they can switch it to a new color? I feel like the devs gave up too much of the rarity. Absolutely needs something new soon before a lot of people who aren’t primarily builders start getting bored.

1 Like

I’m ok with color scarcity eventually not being a thing.
Instead, Wonderstruck should work on clothing and armors, like everything other MMO, and make these the thing you look for.

4 Likes