Do Warp Conduit Blocks Degrade?

Sorry if this is a super noob question, but are the warp conduit BLOCKS meant to disappear after use? I know the warp itself is a one time thing but I was assuming the actual conduit would remain to be reused. I built a conduit inside my home beacon to travel to Pixelgate and I just returned home to find the conduit gone. Just wondering if this is the design or a bug? Thanks in advance.
-Dan

Yes the warp conduit is meant to disappear , only portals are supposed to stay. Warp are your on the go jump to other destinations and shouldn’t stay.

Well but if they wouldn’t disappear it would be another way of realizing my suggestion off a second portal function. To not have them run with shards per hour but per usage. We could give warps the option to place shards in them and as long as there are shards in it it doesnt disappear and when someone walks trough it uses the shards first and only if there arent enough shards for the jump it costs coins.

1 Like

Thanks. Makes sense as the cost to build the blocks is so low.

Good thing the cost is low too. For example, once you start warping from Berlyn to say Therka or Andooweem, it requires 24 Warp Conduit blocks. Or a trip to the Sanctum, in that case zero Warp Conduit blocks. Not sure what the end-plan is for this though as the Sanctum kind of makes WC blocks redundant. Once I found I can warp to any of my locations from the Sanctum, using no WC blocks, I rarely use them now. Maybe I’m missing something there though.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know you can use sanctum to warp to other locations

Aye…sorry if I ‘let the cat out of the bag’ there for you. Just turn around in the Sanctum and go up to the un-opened WC blocks, press E and select location. :wink:

1 Like

No, that’s great to know. I’m sure that redundancy will be addressed at some point.

I think for more than person passing through you’ll have to use the warp conduits (for guild farming runs/titian killing maybe)

We’re all pretty much used to running solo right now but once guilds come in warp blocks should come into their own.

I am kinda glad they disappear as the maps would be littered with them form people doing warps - and then not being able to return to remove the blocks.

2 Likes

Good point! And thanks for the further insight on the purpose/usage of WC blocks. I was kind of confused as to why they even existed with the Sanctum ‘shortcut’. Of course, the Sanctum is only for one person.

1 Like

You can make several position-token from the destination and give to each in your group, then all use their sanctum and jump to same spot. But then all have to pay for the trip…

2 Likes

I definitely understand as far as having the world littered with them, I think I just got confused because it was inside my beacon and I’m used to a certain sense of permanence there. :slight_smile: Thanks for the insight though!

1 Like

Yeah warp conduits are great for taking someone or a group on a ride to a certain place

1 Like

When one opens a warp does he has to pay when opening it or when walking trough like the sanctum? I mean when many people walk trough one warp does really only one of them have to pay it?

1 Like

Normally, you pay to ‘open’ the warp. Sanctum is special case.

1 Like