Domesticated animals and pets

The world feels empty with only RoadRunners, Spitters, Cuttletrunks, Hoppers and Wildstocks.
I think we should have domesticated animals too:
I really like the chicken from Creativerse
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/creativerse/images/6/6c/Creativerse_chizzard1919.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151010152810

We should have a lot of animals which we could farm. In order to avoid getting the server crippled due to high amount of animals - the chickens could be inside chicken coops (remember FarmVille) and so on and rendered / animated / used only when you go and open those.
I’d love to see fish in the rivers and oceans.
I’d love to actually see the birds that keep chirping everywhere.
I’d like to find worms when getting dirt and mud.
I can’t say how difficult it would be to implement a large fauna but I can only suggest.

It would also be lovely to have a cat, dog, rabbit or bird as a pet.

Regards,

5 Likes

Wait, these aren’t in-game, last I checked.
Don’t we only have 4 types of creatures?

Corrected. There are 5 types: RoadRunners, Spitters, Cuttletrunks, Hoppers and Wildstocks
6 types if you count the invisible birds :slight_smile:

Regards,

1 Like

There was a visual of birds flying in the skies back in EA, but I think it was taken out due to them only being an overlay and not terrain aware, so they would fly through builds and mountains etc.

It did make it feel more alive though, and I would definitely like to see the landscape become more alive with random wildlife like that.

3 Likes

Ah, right. Got a brain-freeze trying to remember what was missing, there.

Otherwise, I’m personally in favor of more pacific creatures to fill-in the worlds, but only if they have the proper AI.
If they just wander around, enter your builds, block your path in your own house, push you away like “nah dude, that’s my house now!”… I’m not interested. That’s why I disabled creatures on my Creative World.

On their blog, the developers of Hytale are showcasing critters that have AI which interacts with each-other.
I remember seeing ducklings in the water swiming in lines, bears roaring at orc-like creatures, small creatures fleeing when seeing the player, other creatures trying to eat food that you’d throw on the ground… stuff like that is great!

3 Likes

Well, I suppose it being an MMO, there are some technical restrictions on how much can be done.
I am hoping though.

Regards,

Maybe birds are only endemic to altitudes greater than the build limit? I’d take that any day

1 Like

I want to build a space zoo dangit :joy:

…or at least start a runner farm or cattle farm of sorts

Then we milk the wildstock, we make cheese, and then we can make pizzas!

What?

1 Like

I know you are trolling but I could imagine a “milking machine” addition. With 24 coils of course.

Regards,

1 Like

going old school … a bucket
and then there is us running after the wildstock to gain that precocious milk :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I’m joking with the pizzas, it’s my running gag.
But definitely, more food items to make cooler things than soups, rice drown in soup, loaf of bread…
I would actually like to see good ol’ tarts.
Anyway, that’s off-topic, sorry. ^^

would be nice if you could pick 1 of the mobs as your pet … feed it different things for boosts or buffs … more inventory make it a loot stick … auto harvest …

I really want a runner by my side ( they so pretty ) :grin:

all for more mobs… more is coming if you look at the homepage of boundless ( they even mention a space zoo )

Skies and oceans seem so empty indeed ( if you look at old dev art there are some really cool mob designs in there ) @ Minyi love all her designs

1 Like

I thought the farming update was going to include some sorts of domesticated creatures. Still hoping to see that.

1 Like

It Would be really interesting to have Neutral animals that could be pet / collected, kept as a collection eventually with particularities depending of the planet and that could randomly “invade” a planet for a time and the disapear or go on another planet.
they could be sold like birds in cage, fed, and even could reproduce with other animal with different colour to make more rare colors…

2 Likes