Doors in Boundless

I was wondering, what’s the limit to how big a door can be to be fitted with crafted prop doors? I will be disappointed if I can’t make a huge cathedral like door like 10 blocks high and 10 blocks wide. If it isn’t possible, can the devs think about implementing it in the future?it would be a nice addition to the festive/creative streak of the Boundless community.

Last I recall, it’s 16 tall but still only 2 blocks wide. Any wider and the doors would swing through spaces not occupied by the door prop… which is a problem for voxel games.

Aww that’s lame tho. I’m sure people who are willing to craft that many doors, are smart enough to contemplate for how big the door is and how far it’ll swing into a certain direction and consolidate it into a nice entry way.

So instead of making working doors, make your own doors that are slightly open. I’ve seen this before in a video on YouTube where the player was in a large room with a very big door that he moved through because they build it barely open.

You just need to be creative. :wink:

That’s a dope idea! I didn’t think of that. I’ll have to find a material that goes well with brown wood, probably blue material door. Geesh I can’t believe I didn’t think of that!

If you haven’t already, you should check out a few YouTuber’s that are playing Boundless. Even if they are just playing and not building, the builds that they come across in their travels might inspire. Certainly the ones that are builders will have some amazing ideas.

I saw one build that had platforms in tall trees. Similar to those Ewoks creatures in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. A cool idea that I would like to try sometime. :slight_smile:

Why don’t you come by and see how massive my manor will be? It’d be nice to meet you as well! I had a project completed in the capital of Trior for my first base (a beautiful blue timber manor), then a lot of stuff happened on that world. Lots of drama, and it was a very cluttered town. Ugly. So I moved to Chisel Town, and multiplied my manor size by 3-4 times lol.

I would love to. I don’t know if the “stuff” you are referring to has anything to do with the stairs to the portal hub being destroyed more than once. I know that is very annoying to myself.

Give me your coord’s and I’ll pop over. My little home is at -529N -74E, not all that far south from the Capitol on Trior.