Dropped items bug

So the server just crashed or kicked me out or something, i just had “Unknown error” then “failed to retreive player data” for a while.

This happened immediately after i accidentally broke a storage block and dropped 500 iron and 400 copper out of it. I logged back in and it had all dissapeared.

Am I still expected to never get this back?

I’ve lost so much stuff due to various glitches and bugs, dealt with it. But this was my iron/copper stash i’d been building the last two weeks. Kinda can’t be bothered to play anymore and regather all that if it’s simply just gone.

I am guessing the iron/copper was smart stacked? Did you happen to have copper/iron in your inventory at the time of the crash?

It was smart stacked, didn’t have any copper or iron in my inventory.

Just broke the storage block, saw the stuff on the floor and walked to pick it up, as I picked it up (it said so), I got kicked. Couldn’t get back in for a minute then when I was back it had disappeared from my inventory and there was nothing on the floor.

Sorry, I really appreciate the work the Devs did to fix smart stacks and fix all those bugs. But I’ve never lost this much stuff in one go before, pretty morale destroying.

Hello there and our apologies for the issue you have experienced. We are in the middle of trying to fix this issue. We hope to have a solid fix early next week. Again, our apologies.

3 Likes

If you set up a buying plinth for copper/iron for 0 or 1C I can try to give you my stash after the devs fix the bug.

It’s cool man just going to take a break for a while, that was well over 30 hours of mining and there was a stack of iron tools and something else there, don’t feel like going through that mining again.

Thanks yota and I know it’s no one’s fault but after all the stuff I’ve lost before stacks were fixed and kept quiet about it, this is kind of the tipping point. I’m out for a while but I’ll be back I’m sure.

1 Like

I am level my skills so it would actually be helping me out too. Lvl 50 trader here I come!

1 Like

Appreciate it man but I still have about the amount in my shop at the market I think. It’s more the wasted play hours and the stuff I can’t sell now. Good luck!

A bit late for you but we believe that the update we just did fixes this bug.

2 Likes

just logged in to have a little go, i got kicked after a bit with “unknown error” again.

what did the update fix? will items definitely not disappear anymore if anything goes wrong? or was it just the “unknown error” thing that was supposed to be fixed? (because it’s not :slight_smile:)

any info on this @yota? still paranoid :smiley:

Hello there. Sorry for the delayed reply. There is a chance that the you were logged out as we updated the game. We are planning to implement a more descriptive error message in the future. Sorry about this. As with the item disappearing, we think we have fixed the problem you encountered. We hope that this does not happen again.