"Dungeons" for Explorers?

So while I was exploring the depths of Vulpto, mining and whatnot, I was thinking of ways to make explorer content more interesting and thought of a few ideas. The best that came to mind were naturally generated warp conduits. Non-activated, these (small or big) setups could be waiting for players randomly within the stone structure of caves, or out in the open, and when activated by the player, would open a small to large instance with a set timer before sending the player back. the amount of coin (or items, further dependent on rarity of said items) invested by the player would increase the drama of the generated instance. content within the instance could range from an overflow of ores to mine within the time limit, to dangerous mobs to fight off within the space provided, or even an obstacle course with a storage block at the end holding a reward. These instances could even be player created content that have been submitted. Or… you could be warped to a random location on the same planet or even a far away planet xD Thoughts?

12 Likes

actually found a previous post suggesting the idea, i guess im bringing it back up xD here

2 Likes

Ayy thats my old post

1 Like

as an explorer/miner/survivor type i 100% agree that explorers should get some more stuff to do - and some more skill sets as well tbh - i mean currently (example only i may be way off) crafting is the fastest way to level - not to mention i am losing far too much xp using my freinds machines to make MY tools when i dont have the skills for them (i can create the items from the machines just … you know what i mean) and the XP generated goes 100% to him hunting is a mid ground with xp dependant on mob and survival rate -

yes sorry got on a massive tangent - just wanted to explain how guys/girls like us seem to be having a bit of a hard time with the XP gain balance - I feel so sorry for those builders though (i mean 2 XP per block - regardless of block? lol)

3 Likes

don’t remind me, all I do is build, I’m level 13 with a massive 30k prestige bridge.

Come back later Cloud, 170 something something

lol that good for me with 50 plots lol

also unfinished lol

Hehe. It’s gonna get better as time goes on. My build is like 90 plots big

Semi-necro here but I was going to post a similar suggestion and thought I’d bump this.
The OP seems to describe what is a minecraft mod called Dimensional Doors, search link http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dimensional+doors+minecraft (let me google that for you)
It’s the best way I can think to handle dungeons, and fits so well with the already portal system.
I don’t pretend to know how this would impact servers, but it would only need to generate when a player enters, and could be set to self-delete after a player leaves, so hopefully the load wouldn’t be too bad.
Has there been any plans on dungeons yet @james? My love for Boundless is exploration, and I’m getting itchy feet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes