Economy system idea [Edit phrasing to better explain points]

But with too much of a sink you get too little coin causing deflation. Instead of too much coin you got too much supply… All goods have been effected and they are worthless. What I propose tho spreads coin to everyone’s efforts regardless of location in the planet, if we want to promote people to being part of the economy this could be a good solution? You get rewarded for shopping. Personally if I had more coin it would be going to the biggest coin sink we have… guild buffs

Well everyone does not use the guild buffs. . so I am not sure that is as reliable a coin sink. But I have no stats that can prove otherwise.

I would agree but I think we have deflation due to over supply versus too much coin.

2 Likes

Not everyone buys and sells, if they do they pay tax or hand trade? I don’t think tax is a reliable sink either.

Guild buffs on the other hand cost a tremendous amount of coin. Those are usually purchase by big guilds who make their money from shops/footfall. They are actively trying to make cash but if coin is not coming from sales they gotta be generated from footfall cuz people are not buying cuz they got no money.

I could argue that we could increase footfall and inject new coin but that does not immediately encourage sales. It encourages building prestige bombing, footfall traps… I don’t think is good.

What I propose with the tax system would be to recycle that cash until it gets to them guys powering guild buffs flashing down 500k coin worth of buffs a week. This will change from a footfall oriented economy to a tax recycling system, more depth and if that’s not good enough I also mentioned that a trading kiosk/same planet market trading machine would charge a postage fee on all sales on top of tax.

Over supply due to the forge system and new planets, and atlases. So more coin would counter balance all those new ways to gather that were added but there have been very little changes to how we get coin.

Lol I think it’s funny everyone talking about coin sinking. If u want to lose money go buy some marble…I make money easy and not from footfall. I wish I was though. We have awesome guild buffs I donate to the guild regularly and buy stuff from everywhere I cruise. I give noobs air hammers if I see them one shoring diamonds I give seven bombs to newbies . It’s funny how a comment was made it’s not about money when clearly it is…if newbies want money there is plenty of buy stands out there…I remember I used to sell bark to ever wanted and go collect ash and mud and sold them to a shop…even copper I sold to get money to buy aoe hammers and pies. …so as a newbie its never been so easy to make money if you really want to. I honestly see no problem at all with the economy in boundless…i have millions and i spend millions all the time and i started as a newbie once…

1 Like

When you put an item in the atlas can you get it to show you where there are shop stands selling it? Or baskets buying it?
Green dots for buying, red for selling?
Make the dots flash, …faster for higher prices

3 Likes

Capital should be calculated off prestige and FF activity. We should be encourged to make places people want to travel to. Its time to get people adventuring again and not portal hoping.

Viceroy tax will never be released. It would cause too many wars and prestige dumps. Best just to forget about that.

Guild buff prices need lowered. We have been supplying level 3 buffs since the patch. We have finally decided grapple and run is the only buff worth the price. We will do level 1 buffs other than that.

Over 5 million personal coins donated later…

Thats another thing. Buffs are taking so many coins out of circulation.

1 Like

Also good option, only concern is what is considered a higher price? Since there is no current average price around, or would this require a new system calculating average price?

Amen to that.

What do you mean by Viceroy tax? Could you elaborate.

As far as tax distribution I was thinking it would be settlement prestige based. So every settlement receives a cut of the tax based on their prestige that gets broken down by the settlement contributors based on their prestige within the city. But again that would be 10% of sales on that planet… And if we want to make it more fair there can always have a hard cap, so after hitting a % contribution to the planet then you received the maximum amount of tax returns.

Yeah I feel the same way man.

Not sure if it is still in game but viceroy was suppose to get a cut of tax a long time ago.

Atleast when I took Besverona long ago I did notice it on beacons.

Gotcha, well under the idea I mentioned everyone would get a cut depending on prestige so I would imagen the Viceroy having the biggest beacon in the biggest town will receive the biggest cuz, but even then a hard cap on tax would immediately fix that from being abuse.

I would be worried with that type of model as I think it would be most likely that portal networks would then always be capital of any planet as they generally get the most FF … closely followed by shopping malls.

I agree we need to make the capital and other builds more attractive for players to want to travel to though. Maybe that can be achieved with some form of unique functionalities that help define different types of buildings.

May I ask why that is something to worry about? If the network/mall reached a high level of prestige and a good amount of activity why is that not a good idea for the game to register it as the capital?

Because it’s then even less attainablable for newer (or indeed a lot of players) players to achieve.

Not only would you need to compete on a prestige level, but you would also need to run a successful portal network and/or shopping mall to compete on the FF level too.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s something to overly worry about just because the game can not support a large amount of malls (currently at least) There are what, maybe 5-6 malls right now that are advertised at least. Maybe there are more. If those are the capitals then that’s 5-6 planets out of the many we have right now. Plenty of planets to move to in this case.

However if the game grows that could potentially be an issue, though if they add in shop beacons or something similar as seems to be being proposed in other threads that may make the need of malls far less and we might see less built as a result.

Lots of different small decisions could certainly shape the way the game grows in the future I think that much is very clear.

Wouldn’t it be the opposite?

A new player shows up in the world, they travel to the capital but instead of an empty husk it’s a thriving community, immediately the player meets people, has access to portals and they decide to build near by, sure they can go off and build elsewhere or they can build in that capital, all they need at the point is being the higher prestige in the capital. Sure you can attempt to go off and do it yourself but if you can’t make a thriving community that way why give those people the capital? Capitals right now have 30mil, 50, 60mil, there is no way a new player can get that easily, but a 2mil settlement very active with 300k beacons is more achievable. And the game being a constantly evolving universe wouldn’t you prefer that? Once the capital becomes an empty inactice husk the torch gets pass down to the next active community. Think about that and let the idea sink in…

I think its a good idea. And would encourage more community driven builds. This is an online game.

In real life area capitals normally do have more people running around. Life is more expensive and more currency is present.

1 Like

I guess I am thinking more of planet based activity and the activity would be rank along with prestige to provide the capital.
For example
So of Biitula has a huge mall with a lot of prestige that would be capital.

If Boori has couple big settlementd but nobody had been there in 1-2 months but there is a settlement half their prestige but there are 5-10 people on everyday consistently the capital status would eventually shift allowing those players both the achievement and the exposure.

Like you or someone mentioned, make it intuitive… When finding a city, shopping, players etc.

1 Like

Oh no no The Hive for sure :wink:

But the Hive also has more to offer if you wander outside its walls.

The Hive is just 5% of Iconicsberg current prestige. Not counting other cities part of the plot hookup.

Just threw an example idk what the status is, but think about it, new player shows up to the Hive because that’s the capital, few hours later a hunt group shows up and they are immediately like “wow, this game is not empty” or something like that, maybe I am just loco :stuck_out_tongue: but I feel like that would be the case.

2 Likes

Yes that sounds amazing. We often have players running around shopping asking why 20-30 players are standing about.

2 Likes

Phrasing it that way I can definitely see the benefits of the idea. Getting new players hooked into a thriving community is definitely a good thing!

It might be difficult to balance between the hard-core, always online players and the more casual players, but I guess the former will always have the advantage prestige-wise anyway.

Do you think it might deter casual players from wanting to play due to being even less able to compete?

3 Likes