Edit post

just few minutes ago i noticed that i cant edit my posts in forum topics

can edit my own posts in my own topic (Explorer’s Diary)
cant edit my posts in Exo topics and in every others topics not made by me

see - no edit option

my own topic - edit option

anyone else?

2 Likes

were the topics closed by any chance?

happened to me that I couldn’t edit my post somewhere and it took me a while to see that topic was closed

1 Like

nope, all topics i tried edit are open, postyour screenshot, what you do in boundless today, what time zone you are in, Blaffa, Frelliar, all those topics are open

1 Like

just noticed I can’t edit my post here lol

the previous one - I can edit this one haha

2 Likes

It seems like there’s a limit to the number of times you can comment, edit, or add posts to threads that you’ve already had a lot of activity on. I had one non-public thread that I was using to post on & eventually I had to start a new thread.

4 Likes

oh god, so im forever forbidden to edit my posts in most visited topics at forum? so i no longer can add pics to my post if i see in that place more landscapppes or builds worth piiics? im doomed…

2 Likes

wait… what??? tried to edit post above i wrote 4 minutes ago and got this

An error occurred: That post was created too long ago. It can no longer be edited or deleted.

it is a joke???

2 Likes

Did you see a message that said something like “let someone else respond” or “you’ve already responded numerous times”? Even if it’s your own thread/message, it seems like there’s hidden limits in the system.

1 Like

nope, never

1 Like

Maybe try a new post on that thread and see if you can edit it.

1 Like

ok let me see it, posting

editing, we will see - 1 minute passed

edit 2 - 2 minutes passed

edit3 - 4 minutes passed from 1st posting

2 Likes

5 minutes after posting tried again and got this again

An error occurred: That post was created too long ago. It can no longer be edited or deleted.

5 minutes is long ago?

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen that error message before. I’d contact support@playboundless.com so they can see if there’s something wrong with the permissions on your account or if it’s something else. Could be a corrupted thread if it happens to more people. :thinking:

1 Like

thanks for help :slight_smile: ill send them this topic with those both pics i made how it looks from my side

2 Likes

I think its intentional also that flagged posts are not visible to others anymore

2 Likes

Can you still edit it?

1 Like

I think this is maybe intentional.
Someone was abusing the edit and flagging on the forums.
I’m glad the team are working on fixing this.

I checked some of my posts and don’t have the edit option. I’m using my phone browser.

2 Likes

i can understand that they want to prevent the further abusing the system but with the limit of posts we can post one after another and without ability to edit what we miistakedly wrote wrong posting at forum will no longer be fun, esopecially in topics we making fun of and joking from each other

1 Like

I agree. As someone that updates posts or changes when I make a mistake it makes it harder.
But if someone is abusing it then this is what happens unfortunately. Hopefully this isn’t permanent as there are better solutions to handling this.

1 Like

i think the solution iiis easy, allow to flag and edit posts only to those having exact badge or according to number of posts or time from joining forum?

3 Likes