Emoji blues

Yah the more I think about it this could lead to some pretty cool things. I guess it all starts with a little yellow face :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

While I was mainly looking forward to the skull emoji. And a few others. I am pretty disappointed in the way it looks.

I still think emojis can be used in interesting ways and I have some cool ideas. And it’s a cool addition for gleam club. I just hope some emojis get changed and more Boundless emojis get added.
I’m going to wait till they are released and see if I can change some to my liking as well.

Glass signs and reclaim system are an awesome additions!

3 Likes

cookie comment incoming…

5 Likes

Probably only see :cookie: everywhere mean Baby Cookie was there Mwahahaha but can’t see me using the other emojis for anything dough (^-^)

5 Likes

When this is done, would it be possible to have the images files accesible in someway. I would like to use these and pretty sure some would use in website etc.

4 Likes

I feel ya.
I wanted emojis as part of text, with limited size. The ability to create huge ones can defo alter the landscape.
I agree the overall atmosphere of Boundless will be changed and might make the game feel less like itself and more like some random sandbox (a sandbox that only aims at providing maximum possible building/deco options). If the emojis were chiseled to Boundless connected shapes, it would be great.

ESPECIALLY THOSE I don’t like being in Boundless: a car, a plane, thermometer and all earthly technology objects

3 Likes

THIS is what I was hoping for! This makes it all worth it. Thank you for letting us know. :smiley:

3 Likes

I would rather have them only, and no normal earthly internet/mobile/social media collection of emojis like poo.
All basic smileys (sad, happy, lol, frown etc.) could be made look like Boundless avatars, the same thumb up/down etc. could be our avatars hands and not the typical yellow ones.
And so on.

7 Likes

That’s good to know! Can’t wait!

3 Likes

D: but but but but it’s a :cookie: ( ;.; )

2 Likes

cookie is fine :joy:
as long as its earthyam or starberry or something? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I can imagine it to have a color of exotic earthyam and the bits be made of starberries

3 Likes

Another positive for adding emojis…is we don’t all speak the same language. A few pictures in a sign can make things universal for those playing in different regions <3 That is what I look forward to.

14 Likes

I’m gonna make a Giant Television with A Remote with Emojis (O.O)

7 Likes

I want to make signs alongside some roads in my settlement to announce some of the things we have and maybe make more things !
Making a campsite will be fun now that we can put an arrow and a little tent on a sign to advertise it

1 Like

If emojis are gleam club only I may be taking an extended break from the game - even though I have gleam club myself. Colored text was bad enough to be exclusive.

3 Likes

What kinds of things do you expect then to make money off of then…

1. No, plots shouldn’t be RMT
  2. No, colored text shouldn’t be RMT
  3. No, emojis shouldn’t be RMT

Let these guys monetize their game. Emojis are perfectly fine as GC only.

6 Likes

I agree. That’s the exact kind of thing you want added to GC…something purely cosmetic that doesn’t add an XP, coin, etc advantage

2 Likes

If they added a new material and made it GC only would you be ok with it? What if you needed GC to harvest lucent gems?

Emoji signs are basically new block types.
Back when they did colored signs, I said if they monetized new block types I would probably quit. People said don’t worry, they’ll never monetize block types.
:man_shrugging:t3:
WS will do what they think is best I guess.

1 Like

‘Emoji signs’

They added glass signs that anyone can use.

In the text you can add to the sign that anyone can use color/emojis are GC only.

You can still have a glass sign with words on it.

Not sure if that helps.

4 Likes

I have gleam club.

If you want to build this, you have to pay to do so.

2 Likes