Emote Animation - Gif Collection (warning - large post)

Yeah, independently of what some other people and I think there are undoubtedly some people that see it as, or similar to a nazi gesture, which might cause the devs to change the animation.

I would suggest 1-3 taps on the throat as alternative. It also has a really “tribish” feel to it and is something that isn´t close to any popular game or real world gesture i know.

And if I´m already at suggesting emotes/animations I´d also like to suggest /chicken as alternative taunt :smile:

1 Like

Train emote is a must

i NEVER understood why it was there, but i always loved it.

1 Like

Heh, chicken emote is golden.

1 Like

I hate the Train emote…

Then you hate fun!

1 Like

nope ^^ i still hate the train emote XD Chicken is funny but train not ^^

1 Like

Happy Friday Everyone!

Just a quick one - but we are looking into getting these Emotes implemented in code!!! Ooooooooooooohhhhhh yay!!! :smile:

Very excited over on my side of the desk. My thanks to the new guy @AndyD who’s making this happen.

So in :boundless: celebration, I’ve made a new emote… stand up to do a Mexican Wave!

(So you guys will need to co-ordinate this - but I’ve timed my spawns to create this lovely gif for y’all)

Have a great weekend,
Gerry :wink:

13 Likes

Welcome @AndyD !

3 Likes

Thanks @Squidgy! I’m looking forward to getting all these emotes plugged into the game. Hopefully I’ll be able to give you a /wave when I first run into you in game! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice! It almost seems ritualistic with the little head shake :wink:

and welcome @AndyD - looking forward to seeing these in-game soon!

1 Like

Yup - he’s revelling in rapture and feeling euphoric! :laughing:

3 Likes

… and why not! It is Friday after all! :smiley:

1 Like

This is really cool😂. And indeed welcome @AndyD,nice to meet you,looking forward to seeing you work!
What makes it Mexican?

1 Like

Tequila makes anything Mexican

6 Likes

I was curious too so I googled. Not sure it is true but…

Why is it called a Mexican wave?
The wave is not mexican, it started in the USA in the state of washington, and it got known in mexico by the televised games of the Seattle Seahawks (american football). A lot of comentators call it the “mexican wave” because they saw it for the first time by the Soccer World Cup in Mexico 1986.

Ha! I was curious too @yota ! :sweat_smile:

I wonder if @G-Sage is from America? In that case maybe I should have called it ‘The Wave’??.. Although I have this name already for the regular waving animation so it would have got very confusing. :wink:

http://worldcupenglish.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/WaveVsMexicanWave-cropped.png

http://worldcupenglish.co.uk/football-or-soccer/

4 Likes

PS. I’ll go with @ben answer!! :laughing:

1 Like

@gerryjacobs nice wave animation gif ^^ i like it, i will do this ingame too :wink:

a new dev is appeared in the forum, welcome @AndyD ?
Are you new in the wonderstruck team ?

@yota google is your friend :wink: If you had a question, ask google, most time it help.

1 Like

Hahaha, I’m from the US and also wondered why you were calling it the Mexican Wave. Everything makes sense now.

2 Likes

6 Likes