Emote Animation - Gif Collection (warning - large post)

Yeah it more similar to the roman though the romanone was rather fast too.

2 Likes

As an active Gw2 player, I love /dance YOURNAME is busting out some moves, some sweet moves. I would love to see a similar prompt in Boundless.

If you are calling this salute animation “hitler salute” you better also go to the WoW forum and complain there about their troll salute:

I´m with @Saint_X and @Havok40k here, this animation is perfectly fine and comparing it to a nazi salute is imo pretty immature.

3 Likes

Calling things, which have reasons, immature is the only immature behavior

The WoW salute is much more different from the hitler salute than the Boundless one.
The hand goes to what looks like a fist and the arm isn’t pointing forwards but rather going to the side, being on one plane with the body.
Not to mention that the arm isn’t straight at all in the WoW one.

If you make comparisons, make ones that are really similar.

1 Like

I didn´t say that the troll and B< animation look similar, just that the troll animation is pretty close to another gesture Hitler frequently used.
I´m not gonna post any footage here but you can look it up if you search for 'Hitler arriving in Vienna on YouTube.

I didn’t say you did say that. But yes the Troll looks as close to the gesture you mean as the Boundless emote looks to the normal salute he used.
So it looks close and I’d say at least 50% of all people who play the game would think of it the same way. Even if it’s only from this angle.

I have gotten 90. million. notifications. from that single post alone. Hilarious! That being said, I think the similarities between the b< salute and American Native salute is far stronger than any similarities to the nazis. I think it’s safe to say many aspects of b< culture are based on American Tribal culture including tribes, chiefs, outfits, and art styles. The number of parallels in many aspects of the game only reinforce this connection.

4 Likes

They may be the strongest but evidently not the thing people want to be reminded of^^

Evidently. I suppose it’s also fair to say Native American cultures are largely unknown to those not from the Americas.

Hm maybe, at least it’s more likely that a non american doesn’t know about native american culture.

1 Like

Yeah, independently of what some other people and I think there are undoubtedly some people that see it as, or similar to a nazi gesture, which might cause the devs to change the animation.

I would suggest 1-3 taps on the throat as alternative. It also has a really “tribish” feel to it and is something that isn´t close to any popular game or real world gesture i know.

And if I´m already at suggesting emotes/animations I´d also like to suggest /chicken as alternative taunt :smile:

1 Like

Train emote is a must

i NEVER understood why it was there, but i always loved it.

1 Like

Heh, chicken emote is golden.

1 Like

I hate the Train emote…

Then you hate fun!

1 Like

nope ^^ i still hate the train emote XD Chicken is funny but train not ^^

1 Like

Happy Friday Everyone!

Just a quick one - but we are looking into getting these Emotes implemented in code!!! Ooooooooooooohhhhhh yay!!! :smile:

Very excited over on my side of the desk. My thanks to the new guy @AndyD who’s making this happen.

So in :boundless: celebration, I’ve made a new emote… stand up to do a Mexican Wave!

(So you guys will need to co-ordinate this - but I’ve timed my spawns to create this lovely gif for y’all)

Have a great weekend,
Gerry :wink:

13 Likes

Welcome @AndyD !

3 Likes

Thanks @Squidgy! I’m looking forward to getting all these emotes plugged into the game. Hopefully I’ll be able to give you a /wave when I first run into you in game! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice! It almost seems ritualistic with the little head shake :wink:

and welcome @AndyD - looking forward to seeing these in-game soon!

1 Like